As a result of on-going R&D effort and in response to customer feedback, Veeam Backup for AWS v2 Patch 1 provides a set of enhancements and bug fixes, the most significant of which are listed below.
- Support for strictly regulated permissions. If it is required to adjust permission boundaries, please contact Veeam support to adjust the configuration file.
- Support for the new AWS SDK.
Veeam Backup for AWS v2 Patch 1 addresses the following issues found in the previous version:
- When you tried to back up EC2 instances residing in regions with supported CBT, you might get corrupted backup data. For details, see KB4017.
- Custom SSL certificates with a DNS name set to “localhost” were not supported.
- When you tried to back up certain types of EC2 instances, the backup process froze on a specific execution percentage.
- Backup of io2 volumes failed.
- When you tried to back up large EC2 instances, the backup process might fail. If you still encounter the issue after the update, please contact Veeam support.
To install the update, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup for AWS configuration menu on the left, click Support Information.
- On the Updates tab, click Check and view updates. The Veeam Updater page will open.
- On the Veeam Updater page, in the Updates are available for this system section, select check box next to the Veeam update package.
- In the Choose action section, specify the following settings:
- Select the Install updates now option.
- Select the Reboot automatically after install if required check box to allow Veeam Backup for AWS to reboot the backup server if needed.
- Click Install Updates Now.
After installing Veeam Backup for AWS v2 Patch 1, your build version will be 188.8.131.522.