Backup files may disappear from UI and jobs may initiate active full backups after manual rescan of the repository. All repository types are affected, especially deduplicated appliances because they provide native replication between units.
The issue is caused when the following conditions are met:
- Two different Veeam Backup Repositories are created under the same paths
- Backup job works with Veeam Backup Repository #1
- Additionally, backup files with the metadata file are copied manually, by script, or over third-party replication solutions to Veeam Backup Repository #2
- You have rescanned Veeam Backup Repository #2
- Backup files disappear from the UI (Backups -> Disk) and backup jobs begin performing active fulls
Please download the private fix below, and install it on Veeam B&R server:
- Ensure all jobs are stopped
- Go to the Veeam Backup Server and verify you are running version 184.108.40.2063. You can check it browsing to Option -> Help -> About
- Stop all Veeam B&R services manually or use the following PowerShell query: Get-Service -DisplayName "Veeam*" | stop-service
- Please make a backup of the following *.dll files: Rename Veeam.Backup.Core.dll to the Veeam.Backup.Core.dll_original in the installation folder (default path C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup)
- Afterwards copy the *.dll files from the archive
- Start all Veeam B&R services manually or using the following PowerShell query: Get-Service -DisplayName "Veeam*" | start-service
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.