Starting with vSphere 6.5, the TLS protocol version 1.2 is enabled by default.
To allow Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and Veeam VMware Collectors to connect to vCenter Servers that use the TLS 1.2 protocol, you must update Veeam MP core services.
The described procedure applies only to Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and Veeam VMware Collectors version 8.0.
Update Veeam MP core services by completing the steps below on the machine that runs the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and on all machines running Veeam VMware Collector services.
1. Insert the installation disc into the CD/DVD drive or mount the installation image.
2. Navigate to the <installation media>\Update folder.
3. Launch VeeamMP80_Update5_Patch1.exe.
4. Click Next to start the installation.
You will not be able to proceed to the Veeam MP patch installation process if Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not installed. Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from the Microsoft website, and install it following the instructions provided by Microsoft.
5. Click Install and wait for the update installation process to complete.