Can I upgrade Veeam Managed Backup Portal (VMBP) or VAC Beta to VAC GA?
- No, we can migrate and install the product to a new VAC server but upgrading over an existing installation is not supported in the GA release. What versions can be migrated?
- Currently the version requirement for migration is VMBP 220.127.116.115
. Migrating from the VAC beta is not supported. Can it be installed on the same server as VMBP?
- No, you must perform a clean installation of Veeam Availability Console. Do not configure the cloud infrastructure and do not connect the Veeam Cloud Connect server to Veeam Availability Console.
- Migration is server to server, not on a local install level.
- Do not uninstall VMBP until you complete the migration process
. If VMBP is uninstalled, there will be no way to recover the configuration. A fresh setup of VAC will be required. How do I install the migration tool and where is it located?
- Log on to the machine that runs Veeam Managed Backup Portal with a Local Administrator
account. Make sure that the Local Administrator accounts on the VMBP and VAC servers have the following rights:
- Impersonate a client after authentication
- Allow log on locally
- Access this computer from the network
- The installer for the tool is located on the Veeam Availability Console ISO in a folder named Tools
- Launch the VAC.MigrationTool setup file.
- Follow through the steps of the installation wizard.
- At the last step of the wizard, click Install
- VAC Migration Tool installation will start.
- When the installation completes, click Finish
to close the wizard.