Paris, France, March 31, 2015: Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today announced a series of enhancements to its EMEA ProPartner Program which will enable partners to take advantage of the business opportunities presented by the needs of the Always-On BusinessTM.
The latest additions to the program focus on enhancing partners’ hosting ability through a restructuring of the Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) program. The VCP program grew by 106 percent worldwide in the last year and is made up of 6,800 partners, 3,400 of which are based in EMEA. Overview of the EMEA ProPartner Program enhancements:
- New structure of the VCP program:
- The partner level is now based on the number of customer Virtual Machines (VMs) protected or managed with Veeam. Platinum, Gold and Silver levels each require that the VCP partner protect or manage a minimum number of VMs, with a paid edition of a Veeam product
- New partner level was added – Registered.
- Veeam Cloud Connect
- The addition of Veeam Cloud Connect will help partners build additional revenue and enter the fast-growing Data Protection as a Service (DPaaS) market
- Cloud Connect was introduced in 2014 as part of Veeam Availability Suite v8, helping Veeam partners to acquire new customers, making it easy to work with Veeam backups – as a standalone offer, or as part of Veeam-powered cloud offer
“In the current always-on economy, organizations have to review their data availability strategy” commented Gilles Pommier, Vice President Channel & Cloud EMEA, Veeam Software. “Businesses are embracing the cloud as a means to increase business agility, yet concern remains over application and data security as well as availability. Veeam Cloud Connect gives Veeam customers a fully integrated, secure and efficient means to move backups to an offsite cloud backup repository managed by the service provider of their choice without an upfront capital investment in their own offsite infrastructure. Veeam ProPartners can become a service provider by joining the program and offer offsite backup repository services in less than 10 minutes using the service provider’s own cloud infrastructure or public clouds. Cloud Connect is one of the examples how we, and our partners, are ready for the Always-On Business.”
Other major enhancements to Veeam’s EMEA ProPartner program include:
Improved training and resources
- A re-launched Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) program, sales and technical courses at online Veeam University, now based on Veeam’s flagship Availability Suite v8
- Service Provider lookup – an online directory where Veeam customers and partners can find a service provider in their area offering Veeam Cloud Connect (available to Platinum, Gold and Silver partners who use Veeam Cloud Connect)
- Additional tools and resources for Enterprise-focused partners: a new invitation-only training program will support most dedicated partners to gain new business opportunities that target the business enterprise segment
- An enhanced deal registration program, designed to protect partner investments and to reward the resellers that are most aligned to selling Veeam’s products
“Veeam sees its trusted partners as an extension of its own sales team” added Pommier. “Historically we have worked very closely with our ProPartners to equip them with the tools and capabilities they need to grow as Veeam experts. With the latest additions to Veeam’s training program, our partners will be more knowledgeable and prepared than ever to better serve our 135,000 customers worldwide. Veeam is on track for a $1 billion turnover by 2018 and we look forward to our partners helping us achieve these goals by providing customers with Availability for the Modern Data Center. These changes will make the program more engaging and profitable than ever.”
OVH, Veeam’s Platinum Cloud Provider
“Our customers are increasingly telling us that their applications and data centers need to be available 24-7,” said Mehdi Bekkai, Cloud Product Manager at OVH. “With Veeam Cloud Connect, we can play an important role in making that happen by providing them with a simple, secure and affordable way to move backups offsite to our repository. It enables additional availability and security services for us as well as additional peace of mind for our customers. Thanks to Veeam, it’s a win for both of us.”
Colt Technology Services, Veeam’s Gold Cloud Provider
“We have provided offsite backup and disaster recovery for services for our customers and channel partners since 2012,” said William Wetton, Portfolio Manager at Colt. “By supporting multi-tenancy and eliminating the need for VPN connections, Veeam Cloud Connect makes it easier for our partners to offer these services at scale using our extensive infrastructure across Europe. Colt’s infrastructure, combined with the new Cloud Connect functionality and Veeam’s huge presence in the market, will allow us and our partners to quickly acquire new customers, resulting in additional growth of our company’s overall profitability.”
Assyrus SRL, Veeam’s Gold ProPartner
“Veeam is an excellent investment for us as its solutions solve a clear business need,” said Andrea Mauro, Technical Director at Assyrus SRL. “On top of that, the training and resources we receive are second-to-none, meaning that we are suitably prepared to deliver our expertise to customers and greater value to their businesses. The additional resources to the ProPartner Program are exceptional and will better equip us as we deliver more Veeam functionality.”
All Veeam products are sold through authorized Veeam resellers – ProPartners – of which there are 15,300 in EMEA, serving over 82,000 customers in the region. To find out how to become a Veeam ProPartner click here.
For the second consecutive year, Veeam will invite partners to VeeamON 2015: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, bringing them together with industry-leading experts and clients to learn about enabling the Always-On Business™. Veeam is constantly working to create attractive business environment for ProPartners so that they remain on the edge of the modern technology and continue providing high availability solutions to their customers.
About Veeam Software
Veeam recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Business™, a business that must operate 24/7/365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Modern Data Center™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 29,000 ProPartners and more than 135,000 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit http://www.veeam.com.