Veeam is proud to release the findings of yet another independent research project, the 2023 Data Protection Trends Report. For the last three years, Veeam believes that it has been breaking the record for delivering the largest research report in the history of backup and data protection. The number of respondents has grown from 3,000 in 2021, to nearly 3,400 in 2022, to 4,200 for 2023. Whereas most research includes between 200-400 responses, Veeam sponsored over 10X that in order to then cut the data and better understand not just the global market and trends, but the nuances across countries, regions, vertical industries, etc.
For 2023, this research is focused on seven major trends and topics affecting backup and recovery, and data protection, including:
- Macro Data Protection Trends
- Real-World Outages
- Long-Term and Digital Transformation (DX) Strategies
- Cloud-Powered Solutions
- Container Strategies
- Cyber & Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Strategies
- Go-To-Market (GTM) Buyers’ Considerations
Veeam contracts with independent research firms to ask questions on an assortment of topics. In this latest case, Veeam updated its flagship research project, which began four years ago. This report, the largest in the history of the backup industry, details responses from technical and executive IT decision makers from 28 countries, and a variety of business verticals and company sizes. Presented are the findings of the most pressing data protection topics and trends.
Over the next several weeks, we’ll be looking at the topics below, unpacking the research results, and discussing how these findings are affecting data protection strategies as we get ready for 2023. Be sure to check out our LinkedIn Live sessions — and stay tuned throughout the blog series, with nine additional blog posts and corresponding livestream sessions:
- Announcing the Data Protection Trends Report for 2023 (Research Overview)
- Hybrid Infrastructure Trends from 2020 to 2025
- What is Enterprise Backup?
- Why Will You Change Your Backup in 2023?
- What is ‘Modern’ Data Protection?
- Designing for Cyber-Resiliency
- Containers’ Backup Strategies
- Cloudy Data Protection in 2023
- Digital Transformation Considerations
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) in 2023
We hope to connect with you on our LinkedIn Live sessions, and remember to download the full report at 2023 Data Protection Trends Report.
If you have questions about this, or any of Veeam’s many other research projects, feel free to contact us at StrategicResearch@veeam.com.
About the 2023 Data Protection Report: Veeam’s Data Protection Report is the latest and largest research report on data protection ever in the history of backup and availability, as surveyed by an independent research firm with 4,200 responses from 28 countries. Download the full 2023 Data Protection Trends Report to get access to all the latest data protection insights. Want to learn more about enterprise backup solutions at Veeam? Visit the Veeam Enterprise Backup Solutions Page.