If your machine supports the legacy BIOS mode, use the legacy BIOS mode instead of the UEFI mode. If you machine does not support the legacy BIOS mode, do the following:
- Boot from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Go to Tools and start the Command Prompt utility.
- Run the following commands one by one:
DISKPART> list disk
At this step, find the disk that you are going to use as a restore destination for the primary operating system. In this example, we assume that disk 0 is a restore destination for the primary operating system.
DISKPART> select disk 0
Mind that the following command will remove all data from the disk 0.
DISKPART> convert gpt
DISKPART> create partition efi size=200
DISKPART> select partition 1
DISKPART> format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
DISKPART> assign letter=G
DISKPART> create partition msr size=128
- Start the restore process in the Manual restore mode. Do not restore the system partition and do not delete the partitions created at the previous step. Mind that you will see the "OS disk in backup uses MBR disk" warning during the restore process.
- After the restore process completes, do not reboot the Veeam Agent machine.
- Go to Tools > Command Prompt utility and run the following commands:
C:\Users\administrator\xcopy /s C:\Windows\Boot\EFI\*.* G:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot