The Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 6 cumulative patch for VMware vSphere 7.0 monitoring provides the compatibility with VMware vSphere 7.0. The patch also addresses several minor issues and requests related to vSphere monitoring that were reported to Veeam Technical Support.
The list of improvements includes:
- Support for VMware vSphere 7.0 APIs.
- A fix for the issue with relation data being collected incompletely from virtual switches in environments running VMware vSphere 6.x and earlier versions.
- A fix for the issue with the datastore unknown files metric being collected incorrectly.
- A new property for the Datastore Container object to represent the relation with the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service server that manages the Veeam Collector processing a specific Datastore Container.
- A fix for the data collection issue when monitoring standalone VMware ESXi 7.0 hosts
To install the cumulative patch, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you are running Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 6 (build 184.108.40.2067). For more information, see this Veeam KB article: https://www.veeam.com/kb2706.
- Unzip the archive.
- Run the VeeamMP80_Update6_CP2.exe file on all machines where Veeam components are installed (Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service, Veeam Collector, Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service UI) and follow the wizard instructions.
The Veeam Collector will be upgraded to build 220.127.116.110. The Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service UI will preserve build 18.104.22.1688.