Personal Information (“Personal Information” or “Personal Data”) refers to information that can be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual to whom the information applies. As used in this Recruiting Privacy Notice, Personal Information has the same meaning as “personal information,” “personal data,” “personally identifiable information,” or any similar term referenced in applicable law.
During the recruitment process, Veeam will collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Veeam collects this information in a variety of ways during the application and recruitment process. For example:
- Through public sources;
- Via personnel consultants or recruiters;
- From you when you provide your personal data to us (e.g., by sending your résumé via email); or
- By taking notes during your job interview.
In some cases, Veeam may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks permitted by law.
Purposes. Veeam needs to process data prior to entering into a contract with you. We also need to process data to enter into an employment contract with you and to meet our obligations under that employment contract. In particular, Veeam collects and processes a range of Personal Information set out in the following section below for the following purposes:
- To approach potential employees actively through different means as well as through commissioned personnel consultants (recruitment);
- To plan and manage human resources on a global level, including but not limited to ensuring appropriate levels of staffing;
- For investment decisions;
- For planning and administration with respect to potential employee skills;
- To process applications received via different communication methods (e.g., via email or LinkedIn);
- To organize the application process;
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and
- To be able to consider applicants to one or more jobs for other job opportunities.
Categories of Personal Information
- prefix (Mr./Mrs./etc.) including academic titles
- photo (if provided)
- gender (if provided)
- date/place of birth
- driver’s license (yes/no)
- email address
- telephone number
- civil status and children
- visa (work permit)
- position(s) you are applying for
- type of application (e.g., email, LinkedIn, speculative application yes/no)
- earliest date of entry
- notice period
- desired salary
- military service/civilian service
- education (school, university, courses)
- previous professional experience
- personal skills and competences
- certificates and reports
- notes regarding the job interview
- communication data (including email traffic)
- any other data provided by you during the job application process
Lawful Bases. We process the categories of your personal data listed above on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest according to Article 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which is to guarantee an efficient application process and to ensure that we fill our vacancies with suitable job applicants.
Veeam processes health information if we need to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates with a disability.
In a separate process, we may ask you to consent to us keeping your personal data for the purpose of contacting you regarding future vacancies and/or to receive marketing communications (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
Potential Consequences. You are under no obligation to provide Veeam with data during the recruitment process. However, if you do not prove certain information when requested, Veeam may not be able to process your application for employment properly or at all. You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for you if this information is not provided. Should the provision of your personal data be mandatory by law, we will inform you separately thereof.
Automated decision-making. Our employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Data Retention. Veeam will retain your personal data at least for the duration of the application process. If you consent to us holding on to your application for consideration with respect to future employment opportunities, we will retain the application at least until you withdraw your consent.
In all cases, we will retain your data for as long as required to fulfil any statutory or other legal obligations we may have, including with respect to potential legal claims where personal data is needed to raise or defend against the claim.
If your application for employment is successful, your personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and will be subject to an employee data privacy notice that we will provide to you at that time.