BAAR, Switzerland, April 24, 2013
Click to Tweet: Veeam Completes its 27th Consecutive Quarter of Rapid Growth in Q1 2013, Surpasses 63,000 Customers
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, today announced that the first quarter of 2013 marks its 27th consecutive quarter of rapid growth and that the company now has more than 63,000 customers.
“It took Veeam six years to reach 50,000 customers,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “Less than six months after hitting that milestone, we passed the 60,000 customer mark. We’re growing so quickly because modern data centers need Modern Data Protection, and Veeam provides powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions that are Built for Virtualization™.”
Total bookings revenue grew 39 percent in the first quarter of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012, and new license bookings revenue increased 28 percent over the same period.
Veeam also won 12 major technology awards during the first quarter, including:
Additional highlights of the first quarter include:
- Veeam Backup Cloud Edition Released: Turns every leading public storage cloud, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3 and Glacier, Rackspace, HP Cloud, Google Cloud and many others, into an easy-to-use data repository for backups, providing a powerful and affordable alternative to tape and traditional offsite backup storage.
- Surpassed more than 200,000 users of Veeam Backup Free Edition and Veeam FastSCP: These free tools enable IT administrators to backup, archive or copy a VM, all without pausing or powering it off, and they can restore data from inside a VM, restore from backups or SAN snapshots, and migrate and manage VMs and files.
- Introduction of Modern Data Protection: A new campaign to help organizations make the move to Modern Data Protection with powerful, easy–to-use and affordable solutions that are Built for Virtualization.
- Virtualization Data Protection Report 2013: Veeam released the findings of its annual data protection survey of CIOs in the United States and Europe.
- Countdown to Veeam Backup & Replication v7™: Veeam unveiled some of the features that will be included in the next release of its flagship software:
- Archive to Tape: Provides another option for archiving Veeam backups – disk, cloud and tape. It supports virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives, is fully integrated into Veeam Backup & Replication and tracks VMs and restore points across tapes, making restores simple.
- Virtual Lab for Hyper-V: This technology will bring powerful features like SureBackup®, Universal Application-Item Recovery (U-AIR®) and On-Demand Sandbox to Hyper-V.
- Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft SharePoint: Will provide instant visibility into SharePoint backups, advanced search capabilities, and quick recovery of individual SharePoint items.
- vSphere Web Client: This new Plug-in for the vSphere Web Client will monitor backups and backup infrastructure directly from vSphere, identify unprotected virtual machines (VMs), and simplify capacity planning.
- Enhanced Backup and Recovery for vCloud Director: Using the vCD API, Veeam will display the vCD infrastructure directly in Veeam Backup & Replication, backup all vApp metadata and attributes, restore vApps and VMs directly to vCD, and support restore of fast-provisioned VMs.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is Modern Data Protection - Built for Virtualization™. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for VMware, Hyper-V and Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.