Baar, Switzerland: July 31, 2014
Click to Tweet: Veeam Continues Strong Performance Reporting Overall Growth of 30% for 1H 2014
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today released Q2 2014 results, reporting overall growth of 30 percent for the first half of 2014 over the corresponding period last year. The second quarter of 2014 marks Veeam’s 26th consecutive quarter in which quarterly total bookings revenue has experienced double-digit percentage growth over the same period during the previous year. With more than 111,500 customers, Veeam now protects over 6.5 million virtual machines around the world.
“Enterprise IT's growing demand for 24/7 business operations continues to fuel Veeam’s growth and increased market share,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “The second quarter capped a solid first half of the year for Veeam with strong revenue growth, several new product announcements, and consistent growth of our partner ecosystem. As we enter the second half of 2014, we anticipate a continued growth trajectory as a result of the general availability of the new Veeam Availability Suite v8 and our ability to continuously innovate and execute in response to the new era of data center challenges our customers are facing. In conjunction with virtualization, the cloud and other enabling technologies, the new Veeam Availability Suite will further enhance the ability of our customers to achieve a complete modern data center and ensure their critical applications remain always on from any place, at any time, on any device.”
Additional highlights of Q2 2014 include:
- Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) Program: Experienced 112 percent growth in 1H 2014, compared to 1H 2013. Veeam Cloud Connect, part of the new Veeam Availability Suite v8, was announced in Q2. Veeam Cloud Connect gives service providers a direct pipeline to benefit from the Veeam ecosystem. Veeam customers receive a fully integrated, secure and efficient means to move backups to an offsite backup repository managed by the service provider of their choice, but without the upfront capital investment of an offsite infrastructure.
- New Product Announcements:
- Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) v7 for System Center is now generally available. Veeam MP v7 adds Microsoft Hyper-V support, providing full app-to-metal visibility within Microsoft System Center for both the Hyper-V and VMware vSphere layers to proactively monitor and alert IT of issues before they affect operations.
- Veeam Availability Suite (available Q4 2014) ensures all applications and data are accessible at any time and from anywhere. In this way, Veeam is pioneering a new solution category that does what legacy data protection and backup systems could never do: provide recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, enabling the Always-On Business.
- Customer Growth: More than 11,000 new customers were added in Q2, with total paid Veeam customers now surpassing 111,500. This customer momentum has also led to Veeam’s first flagship event, VeeamON: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, taking place October 6–8, 2014 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV. Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business. Registration is now open.
Veeam received more than 10 prestigious industry honors during Q2 2014, including the following:
- 2014 Storage Magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards: Veeam Backup & Replication™ racked up stellar scores among midrange products in Storage Magazine’s ninth annual Quality Awards when the readers selected Veeam as the top application. The Storage Magazine/SearchStorage.com Quality Awards are designed to identify and recognize products that have proven their quality and reliability in actual use.
- NetworkWorld Asia’s (NWA) Information Management Awards: Veeam was voted the Most Promising Data Management Solution at this years’ NetworkWorld Asia’s (NWA) Information Management Awards in Singapore. This annual awards program acknowledges industry leaders in Asia for significant advancements made in Information Security, Storage and Data Management.
- 2014 European Gold ‘Rising Star’ Award from the Global Technology Distribution Council: Veeam was named a 2014 Gold Rising Star Award winner in Europe by the Global Technology Distribution Council (GTDC). Recognized during the GTDC European Vendor Summit, the awards cite outstanding sales growth of corresponding companies through their GTDC member distributors.
- 2014 VirtualizationAdmin.com Readers' Choice Awards: Veeam Backup & Replication was selected the winner in the Backup & Recovery category of the VirtualizationAdmin.com Readers' Choice Awards. Veeam received 35 percent of the overall vote, with the closest competitor finishing with just 17 percent.
Veeam also received industry recognition from Gartner in Q2 2014:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances: For the second consecutive year, Veeam was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® enables the Always-On Business™ by providing solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, which provides recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data. Veeam recognizes the challenges in keeping a business up and running at all times and addresses them with solutions that provide high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Backup & Replication™ leverages technologies that enable the modern data center, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, NetApp storage, and HP 3PAR StoreServ and StoreVirtual Storage, to help organizations meet RTPO, save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs. Veeam Availability Suite™ provides all of the benefits and features of Veeam Backup & Replication along with advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for the backup infrastructure. Veeam Management Pack™ for System Center is the most comprehensive, intuitive and intelligent extension for app-to-metal management of Hyper-V and vSphere infrastructures, and includes monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) program offers flexible monthly and perpetual licensing to meet the needs of hosting, managed service and cloud service providers. The VCP program currently includes more than 5,000 service provider partners worldwide.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 25,000 ProPartners and more than 111,500 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world.