Today, we continue with our six-week series of vlogs.
It wasn’t that many years ago that recovery time was measured in days (or partial days), whereas data loss was rigidly aligned to nightly backup or up to a day of loss. That isn’t true anymore.
Simply put, backup is the foundation of any data protection, recovery, retention, and availability strategy — but backup alone isn’t enough. Instead, organizations need to combine backups, snapshots, and replication within a holistic strategy (and within consistent policies), regardless of where data lives across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures to achieve both zero downtime and zero data loss.
Thanks for watching!
Navigate the series:
- When you modernize production, you must modernize protection
- The race to zero downtime and data loss
- Ya gotta know what ya got
- The head and the heart have to agree
- The industry is adding, not "just" changing
- The hype of copy data management and secondary storage