You need the process on how to change or move the Web Site URL in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
If you change the server host name that is running IIS, move the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager (BEM) Database to a new server with the old DB. Changes between the new Backup Enterprise Manager installation (IIS) and the old Database may result in emails being delivered incorrectly to the old Backup Enterprise Manager server.
To fix your issue:
- Please create a backup of your VeeamBackupReporting database using the following KB:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio for the Backup Enterprise Manager SQL database. If you are using the express version of SQL, this may need to be downloaded and installed to edit SQL correctly.
- Open the Management Studio and go to "ConnectedServer\InstanceName" --> Databases --> VeeamBackupReporting --> Tables --> dbo.Notification.MailSettings.
- Once here, you can either select "Edit top 200 Rows" or "Open Table" to edit this table.
- In the column "web_site_url", look for the website listed as https://YOUR_OLD_SERVER_NAME:9443/default.aspx and change it to https://YOUR_NEW_SERVER_NAME:9443/default.aspx .
- Restart Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager service in services.msc
The "dbo.Notification.MailSettings" Table in the SQL Database "VeeamBackupReporter" contains more important information that cannot be edited with the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager itself. This includes the body of the email message. Everything else should be editable within Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager under Backup Enterprise Manager --> Configuration --> Notification.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.