This article documents how to manually backup a Microsoft SQL Database.
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (May need to be installed separately)
- Connect to the "ServerName\Instance" of the server that has the DB you want backed up.
- Expand the Databases tab to get to the DB you want to back up.
- Right click the desired DB --> Tasks --> Back Up...
- Set "Backup Type" to "Full"
- Go through the rest of the General and Options tab information to set the options to what you want.
- Click OK to start the Backup process.
If SQL Management Studio is not installed, the Veeam database can be collected using SQLCMD:
- Check the name of the SQL instance and Veeam database in windows registry
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and Replication\SqlDatabaseName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and Replication\SqlInstanceName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and Replication\SqlServerName
- Open an Administrative Command Prompt and connect to SQL instance:
SQLCMD -S (SqlServerName)\SqlInstanceName
Note: In case you have SQL server authentication enabled you may define username using '-U' parameter.
- Backup the Veeam database:
BACKUP DATABASE SqlDatabaseName TO DISK = 'C:\VeeamDB.bak' GO