The goal is to manually resolve the version of, and cleanly remove, the deployed components. To do so:
For details on the sc delete command, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742045(v=ws.11).aspx
- Verify all of the above to identify this issue positively. If the version mismatch does not exist, you may wish to contact Support.
- On the Veeam server itself, navigate to “C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replicaton\Backup\Packages” (if default installation path is used).
- Copy VeeamDeploymentDll.dll and VeeamDeploymentSvc.exe to the target host in the path “C:\Windows\Veeam\Backup”. (You may need to grant permission to perform this copy.)
- From an Administrator command prompt, run: sc delete veeamdeploysvc
- Double-click on the service executable on the host, and choose “Repair” as you proceed through the wizard.
You should be able to add the host now through the Veeam console at this point.