Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory makes object-level recovery within Active Directory environments easier than ever by providing the following functionality to:
- Instantly recover individual Active Directory objects or entire organizational units (OUs) and their attributes from a single-pass image-level backup
- Recover lost user and computer accounts along with their passwords to avoid business disruptions
- Restore Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Active Directory-integrated Microsoft DNS records and Configuration Partition objects
- Effortlessly perform a 1-click compare between backed up and production Active Directory states at both the object and object attribute level to easily identify differences and revert older changes or accidental deletions back into production directory
- Easily browse Active Directory databases in VM disks located on storage snapshots for Active Directory objects and attributes, including plain text and advanced LDAP filter-based search capabilities
- Export Active Directory objects and user attributes from a backup into LDIFDE format or complete an Active Directory object restore directly back into the production Active Directory database (.DIT)
The possibilities in Veeam Explorer for AD [Active Directory] are just AMAZING and worth the price of Veeam alone! I showed the capabilities of the AD [Active Directory] restore to some IT colleagues and they were totally amazed by how far the technology has come. Veeam is WAY ahead of the competitors
Veeam realizes how important Active Directory authentication is to your organization’s users and machines. Because of this importance, you need a solution that places an extra emphasis on the lowest possible RTOs for Active Directory restore. Here are some common use cases:
It may sound extreme, but Active Directory OUs are accidentally deleted more often than you think. In this example, let’s assume you are able to recover the OU and its users, but the nightmare doesn’t stop there. Imagine the ensuing chaos that would take place when your office, or worse, your entire company, is forced to create new passwords.
With Veeam Explorer for Active Directory, in just a few clicks, you can restore the entire Active Directory container, pushing that OU back out along with all its attributes. This includes the restore of encrypted passwords, eliminating the requirement to have the user reset their own password. This is extremely beneficial for domain-attached computer accounts, which eradicates the need to manually re-attach to the domain.Veeam rescues 1,400 computer objects in Active Directory
With Veeam Explorer for Active Directory, you can browse your Active Directory database right from the backup or replica and restore individual users and passwords in seconds with a few simple clicks.View screenshot
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active DirectoryNo feature limitations for 30 days!
Veeam provides you with an easy-to-use, intuitive UI so you can browse Active Directory right from the backup or replica and quickly recover exactly what you need. After adding the Active Directory databases to the Veeam Explorer scope, you can browse through the database objects and containers, as well as perform a deep dive into their attributes.
You can also easily search in Active Directory or use LDAP queries to efficiently search for items that match a specified criteria. Veeam Explorer can search Active Directory through attribute values of all items within a selected OU or search across the entire database.
With Veeam Explorer for Active Directory, you can quickly and easily export objects, OUs and attributes to a folder in a specified location, whether that is a local folder or a network drive. All exported objects and containers are saved using Lightweight Data Interchange Format (LDIF) and exported as .LDF files.Register for an upcoming live product demo
eDiscovery enhancements for Exchange in NEW Veeam Availability Suite 9.5
eDiscovery features including detailed export reports and export size estimation – plus new enterprise-level enhancements for Veeam Explorers!Learn more
Active Directory Deep Dive Free video tutorials
Get the jumpstart on Active Directory. Learn how to set up Active Directory environment, virtualize Active Directory in Windows Server 2012 and ensure availability using Veeam.Learn more
Availability for public cloud and physical workloads
Ensure the Availability of your Linux server and workstations instances, whether they reside in the public cloud or on-premises.Learn more
Never lose access to your email
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 mitigates the risk of losing access to your Exchange Online email data and ensures Availability to your users.Learn more
Announcing Veeam Availability Platform
Find out where Veeam products are going in the future and how, now more than ever, Veeam is delivering the Availability experience that’s expected today.Learn more
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, found in all of Veeam’s backup, recovery and replication solutions including Veeam Backup™ Free Edition, supports the following Microsoft Active Directory Domain Controllers running on VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2
The minimum supported domain and forest functional level is Windows 2003.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory is available in all editions of Veeam Availability Suite™, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup Essentials™. It is also included in Veeam Backup™ Free Edition and can be used in conjunction with Veeam Endpoint Backup™ FREE.
For more information about supported features and editions, please refer to the edition comparison guide at the link below.Compare editions