Columbus, OH, Nov. 30, 2011
Click to Tweet: It’s here! Check out @Veeam Backup & Replication v6 with Microsoft Hyper-V support and major new enhancements for VMware
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, has released Veeam Backup & Replication v6. The new version offers major enhancements and is a single solution for fast, efficient, reliable and affordable data protection of multi-hypervisor environments encompassing VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V. With Veeam, customers can now protect all virtual machines with a single product, from a single console, minimizing cost and complexity. Find out more about Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server support in today’s related announcement - http://vee.am/v6hyperv.
- More than 25,000 customers worldwide rely on Veeam Backup & Replication to protect their VMware virtualized applications and workloads, and v6 includes top customer-requested enhancements. These include:
- Enterprise scalability: Streamlines deployment and maintenance of remote office/branch office (ROBO) and large installations.
- Enhanced performance: New distributed architecture, in concert with new WAN optimizations, also improves performance, especially to remote sites.
- Advanced replication: Accelerates replication by 10X, streamlines failover, and provides real failback with delta sync.
- 1-Click File Restore: Extends Veeam’s existing instant file-level recovery with delegated, web-based file restore directly to the original VM, without requiring a direct network connection or in-guest agent.
Quotes: Bruno Sousa, IT Technical Team Leader, Meyn Food Processing Technology B.V. “We already know that Veeam Backup & Replication v5 is a top-notch product, and v6 looks exceptional based on the beta testing we’ve performed. The new scalability and additional enhancements reinforce that we made the right decision selecting Veeam to protect all of our VMs.” Dan Timko, Director of Hosted Services, BlueWave Computing, LLC “With enhanced performance and accelerated replication speeds in Veeam Backup & Replication v6, we can offer our customers solutions with lower recovery time and recovery point objectives that require less investment in expensive WAN circuits. This allows us to add more value to a solution and maintain a higher share of the solution revenue." Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software “Many of the v6 enhancements have been included as a result of direct customer feedback. They are using the solution every day and their participation in the community is very important to ensure we continue to push the envelope. Veeam Backup & Replication is the number one backup solution on the market currently protecting more than 2 million VMs, and with the release we are extending our lead in the VM backup market.” Availability and Pricing: Veeam Backup & Replication v6 is available now with North American pricing starting at $899 USD per socket for Enterprise Edition and $599 USD for Standard Edition. Pricing will increase to $1,099 USD per socket for Enterprise Edition and $699 USD for Standard Edition on February 1, 2012. Pricing is the same for VMware and Hyper-V, and customers can swap licenses between hypervisors at no charge. For more information, or to download a free trial, visit: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html?ad=pr2. Connect with Veeam:
About Veeam Software Veeam Software develops innovative solutions for virtualization management and data protection for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. Veeam Backup & Replication is the #1 VM backup solution. Veeam ONE is a single solution for real-time monitoring, capacity planning, change tracking, documentation, and management reporting of vSphere environments. Veeam nworks extends enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com. Web Links Referenced in this Release: