COLUMBUS, Ohio, Sept. 8, 2008 — Veeam Software, award-winning provider of systems management tools for VMware ESX Server environments, today announced general availability of Veeam Monitor Version 3.0. Veeam Monitor, an easy-to-deploy VMware monitoring solution, provides VMware administrators with performance monitoring, capacity planning and trend analysis, as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution. Version 3.0 offers breakthrough features including a consolidated view across multiple VirtualCenters, advanced alerting with new alarm sources, virtual infrastructure event correlation, and performance analysis featuring virtual machine-level drill-down without leaving the Veeam Monitor interface. Veeam Monitor 3.0 is designed for enterprise customers as well as SMBs, as it combines out-of-the-box enterprise scalability with ease of deployment and use.
“Veeam Monitor equips VMware administrators to monitor, analyze and predict virtual infrastructure performance, offering innovative, customer-inspired features,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam president and CEO. “Our solution is designed from the ground up to provide virtual administrator productivity and enterprise scalability in a single solution.”
Major new features in Veeam Monitor 3.0 include:
- Consolidated view across multiple VirtualCenters – with the ability to consolidate data from multiple VirtualCenters, Veeam Monitor shows performance information across the entire virtual infrastructure on a single screen – no matter how large the VMware deployment.
- Advanced alerting with new alarm sources – VirtualCenter events, virtual machine heartbeat, virtual machine state, and multi-factor situations (such as the total number of virtual machines with a given state on a specified VI object) trigger standard and customized alerts.
- Alarm modeling – now VMware administrators can model and test alarms using historical data to fine-tune benchmarks and thresholds to their individual configuration and requirements.
- Correlation of events and performancewith Veeam Monitor 3.0, administrators easily see when a known event has caused performance changes; and they can suppress alarms based on expected events, such as backup or snapshot operations.
- Drill down and connect to VMs from Veeam Monitor - now customers can drill down to the virtual machine level to see running processes, CPU and memory consumption, stop running processes if needed, and even connect to the VM console from within the Veeam Monitor interface.
“What I have found brilliant in the newest release of Veeam Monitor is the ability to get the process utilization from inside the guest without having to log into it,” said Hayden Searle, technical specialist, IT Connections. “Veeam really listens to its customers, and keeps providing real innovation that helps VMware administrators work more efficiently.”
Veeam Monitor complements Veeam’s recently acquired enterprise management connectors from nworks. “The nworks Management Pack (MP) and Smart Plug-in (SPI) for VMware integrate VMware management into enterprise management systems from Microsoft and HP Software,” said Veeam Vice President and General Manager Hank Wright. “The nworks MP and nworks SPI are used by datacenter operations personnel, as well as by VMware administrators. Veeam Monitor, on the other hand, is a specialized performance management solution for VMware administrators. Depending on their requirements, customers can use an nworks connector, or Veeam Monitor, or both solutions to monitor and manage VMware performance.”
Pricing and Availability Veeam Monitor 3.0 is available immediately, with North American pricing starting at $250 USD per socket. Special introductory pricing of $150 per socket is available through the end of 2008. More information, including free trial downloads, is available at http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-monitoring.html.
About Veeam Software Veeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner and member of the VMware Ready Management program, provides innovative software for managing VMware Infrastructure. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including #1 for VMware Backup: Veeam Backup & Replication; Veeam Reporter Enterprise, for VMware Performance, Storage, Capacity reporting and chargeback; Veeam Configurator, offering Host Profiles today; and Veeam Monitor, for vmware performance monitoring and alerting across multiple Virtual Centers. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam\'s products include the nworks Smart Plug-in and the nworks Management Pack that incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from HP and Microsoft. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com Phone: +1 614 339 8200