VMware vCloud Director (VCD) is a deployment, automation, and management software for virtual infrastructure resources in multi-tenant cloud environments. VCD enables Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) to convert physical data centers into highly elastic virtual data centers.
When VCD is paired with Veeam, CSPs can securely migrate VMware workloads to the CSP infrastructure, while ensuring their data is protected and easily recoverable. The NEW Veeam Backup & Replication Version 12 includes several features that greatly enhance the value of this solution for the tenants in the CSP including:
- VCD to VCD Continuous Data Protection: Eliminates downtime and minimizes data loss. Multi-tenant, continuous data protection in VMware Cloud Director.
- Includes instant fail over to the latest state or point in time with ultra-low (near real-time) RPO granularity at the vApp level
- CDP to VCD via Cloud Connect: Simplifies Disaster Recovery for VCSPs by instantly failing over to latest state or point in time
- Enables Service Providers to replicate tenants vCD-resources between production and DR vCD-servers
- Minimizes downtime and data loss with instant failover to the remote disaster recovery site