If you’re in the business of data management, chances are, you already know that Veeam holds two major events each year. VeeamON is our premier conference for Intelligent Data Management, which will be held in Miami in 2019. It’s an amazing event where professionals from every side of the industry join together to discuss the future of data. We also have an online VeeamON Virtual event that has all the same perks as the real-life one, but with the luxury of enjoying it with a favorite drink at your own leisure.
This year’s VeeamON Virtual was held on Dec. 5, and we couldn’t be happier with the results! We’re so glad that our efforts matched your high expectations for the event.
Day of the event
Nothing gives us more drive to continue making VeeamON Virtual bigger and better in the coming years than the exponential growth in not just the number of attendees, but in your interaction with us.
We’ve had a variety of fully interactive booths for Veeam and our Alliance partners that featured onsite representatives, an expert lounge, live chats, a resource library and online games. We also had some amazing sponsorship from our beloved partners NetApp, Cisco, Nutanix, Quantum, Pure Storage, N2WS, Wasabi and OffsiteDataSync. In addition, 26 Veeam Vanguards, VUG (Veeam User Group) champions and trusted bloggers contributed as media partners for the event, actively engaging in our expert lounge where community members and customers talked about the latest technology news and Veeam.
Overall, 21,757 people from all around the world registered for VeeamON Virtual and 5,339 people attended the online event, so we want to thank all of you who came along, listened, asked questions and took notes of beards missing.
Looking at the attendance rate, these three sessions were the most popular (and understandably so):
- “Veeam predictions for 2019” presented by David Grant and Dave Russell
- “Best practices of Veeam Backup & Replication™ 2018” presented by Paul Szelesi
- “NEW Veeam Availability Suite™ 9.5 Update 4” presented by Michael Cade
That said, these popular sessions were just the tip of the iceberg, as there were three overarching tracks:
- The business track explored the direction of the industry with predictions and multi-cloud challenges for enterprises, made complete with the help of partner sessions from Cisco and NetApp.
- The cloud track was full of exciting updates concerning both existing and new technologies that bring the cloud even closer. Topics included: how to protect your AWS with Veeam’s latest joint solution with N2WS, information about hosted off-host backups for cloud providers with Veeam Cloud Connect, deep dives into Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v2 and details on how Veeam delivers Hyper-Availability with Nutanix’s AHV Snapshots.
- The technical track discussed automated testing with Veeam Availability Orchestrator, joint protection for hybrid environments with Quantum, how you can achieve rapid restores with joint Pure Storage solutions and, of course, sessions that covered best practices for using Veeam Backup & Replication™ 2018 and the upcoming Update 4.
By the way, don’t miss our live announcement covering the latest features included in NEW Veeam Availability Suite™ 9.5 Update 4 on Jan. 22. This live event will cover what’s new in Veeam Availability Suite™ and discuss benefits such as cost savings, cloud flexibility, security, compliance and more!
If you feel like you’ve missed anything from VeeamON Virtual, don’t! We have everything from the event recorded and available just for you to watch at any time. If you missed the event completely, you can still register to receive your personal virtual ticket to access these on-demand recordings. Those of you who have joined us at the day of the event but still would like access these archives, you can use your original virtual ticket link to get to all the recorded sessions.
We would love to hear your feedback on VeeamON Virtual to make it even better next year! What did you like or dislike about it? What would you improve or add to the event? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section down below. Happy Holidays to all of you and Happy New Year!