Whether you’re a power Azure user, or new to the cloud, Veeam and Microsoft Azure can help you maintain business continuity and Availability for your apps and data with the next generation of recovery in the cloud.
With Veeam Recovery to Microsoft Azure, you can leverage the public cloud as an on-demand recovery site — making advanced, enterprise-level recovery affordable for any size business — without the need to build or maintain a costly recovery site. This complete turn-key solution delivers cloud restore for Veeam backups, and is enhanced with Veeam PN (powered network) - an easy to use, light-weight software defined networking (SDN) solution to eliminate complicated VPN installation and simplify network configuration to create the ultimate recovery site in Microsoft Azure.Solution Overview User Guide
Recovery to Microsoft Azure: 4 Reasons Veeam PN makes this easy!
Download our whitepaper to learn why right NOW is the best time to extend your recovery options to Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure is a FREE solution designed to simplify and automate the setup of a recovery site in Microsoft Azure using lightweight software-defined networking (SDN). It helps maintain business continuity and Availability by reducing the complexity of VPN deployments and is designed for businesses of ALL sizes, including service providers. Veeam PN:
- Works with Veeam Restore to Microsoft Azure to provide the next-generation of on-demand recovery in the cloud without complex VPN deployments, ensuring business continuity and Availability
- Provides seamless and secure networking between on-premises and Azure-based IT resources
- Delivers easy to use and fully automated site-to-site network connectivity between any sites
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Deployable from the Azure Marketplace
- Download requires an active Azure subscription
- Only Resource Manager deployment model is supported
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Downloaded from Veeam.com
While OVA format can be installed in all major virtualization platforms, Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure installation is fully supported on:
- VMware ESX(i)
- VMware Player
- VMware Workstation
- VMware vCloud Director
Virtual Machine requirements
- 1 vCPU
- 1 GB vRAM
- 16 GB of Hard Drive space
- External Network Connectivity
Restore to Microsoft Azure
Restore to Microsoft Azure requires an active Azure subscription.
The technology supports restoring backups made by:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veeam Backup Free Edition
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 1.1 or later
- Veeam Agent for Linux
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 and later includes Restore to Microsoft Azure. Veeam recommends installation of a proxy VM (optional), running on an Azure VM for improved performance.
Restore to Microsoft Azure is designed for Windows and Linux workloads and can restore both VMware and Hyper-V VMs. Both deployment models, Classic and Resource Manager, are supported.