Part 2: Mapping to the restored VM
- When the restore completes, create/edit the replication job.
- On the Name tab, mark the Replica seeding (for low bandwidth DR sites) option.
- On the Destination tab, make sure the settings match the present location of the restored VM that will become the replica.
- On the Seeding tab, check Map replicas to existing VMs, and configure the mapping:
- Highlight the production VM
- Click ‘Edit’
- Map it to the VM you restored on the TARGET site in Part 1 of this KB.
- Once you have mapped the restored VM (now replica) to the original VM, next through until you have completed the rest of the job settings.
- Finish configuring the job, and run it.
During the initial run after mapping, the job will need to "Calculate disk digest," which will take some time. The disk digest calculation task can be tracked by double-clicking on the job to open the job's statistics and then clicking on the VM to see the digest task.