Depending on a particular cause:
- Please rename the database to a new name (without a space in it)
- Grant the SQL VSS Writer service user a sysadmin role (Instructions in KB here: https://www.veeam.com/kb1978)
- Restart SQL VSS Writer service (Instructions in KB here: https://www.veeam.com/kb2041)
- In the case of SBS machines that are also Domain Controllers, ensure that the SQL Writer is running as a domain administrator and not local system
- Allow the SQL Writer service account access to the Volume Shadow Copy service via the registry:
If the DWORD value “NT SERVICE\SQLWriter” is present in this key, it must be set to 1.
If the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, stop it after changing this registry value. Do not disable it.
- To check if your database has space in the name you can run the following query:
select name from sys.databases where name like '% '
If you notice any spaces in the database names, then you will need to remove the spaces from the database names.