Manual creation of Veeam ONE database may be needed in some scenarios
Here is how Veeam ONE database can be created.
2. Create a service account for Veeam ONE and assign the following permissions to it:
- Public role (default permissions)
- CREATE ANY DATABASE permissions
- db_owner role on the Veeam ONE database
- db_datareader permissions on the master database
- public, db_datareader, SQLAgentUserRole permissions on the msdb database
- [For Always-On Availability Groups] VIEW SERVER STATE permissions
NOTE: If the Veeam ONE database runs on a remote Microsoft SQL Server instance, with the Microsoft SQL Server and Veeam ONE components residing in the same workgroup, Microsoft SQL Server authentication will be required.
4. Run the installation SQL script against the new database. The script can be found on the Veeam ONE ISO: Addons\SQLScript\VeeamOne.sql.
5. Install Veeam ONE using the specified Service Account and the database created earlier. If Veeam ONE is already installed, update the existing database name using Veeam ONE Settings utility located in C:\Program Files\Veeam ONE\Veeam One Settings\VeeamOneSettings.exe
6. Install Veeam Reporter packs. See this KB for details.
7. Install the latest Update for Veeam ONE (skip this step in case you completed this requirement during the Reports pack installation).
8. Update websites settings. See this KB article for details.