When you log in to the Veeam backup proxy server interactively following the execution of a job using the hot add transport mode, you may get a notification from the OS prompting to restart the server. The notification can be one of the following:
- Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: LSI Adapter
- Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: VMware Paravirtual Adapter
This is a known issue with hot-add operations on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with the latest version of VMware VDDK.
The notification can be ignored, as it does not impact functionality or performance. To stop receiving this notification, use the following work-around depending on your backup proxy VM configuration:
For LSI Logic SAS Adapter
- Add a second adapter of the same type.
- Power off the VM where the backup proxy is installed
- Relocate the boot drive to the new adapter (1:0)
- Power on the backup proxy and resume operations
- Add an LSI Logic SAS adapter
- Resume operations