- Go to the Hyper-V manager on the host where your VM is deployed.
- Right-click the VM and select "Settings".
- Uncheck the box "Create standard checkpoints if it's not possible to create a production checkpoint" and save settings.
- Right-click the VM and select "Checkpoint".
- Start PowerShell in administrative mode on the host for the necessary machine.
- Set the type of checkpoint created to production:
Set-VM %vm_name% -CheckpointType ProductionOnly
- Create a checkpoint:
: Make sure to remove the checkpoint after the required tests. Active checkpoints may lead to a lack of free space on production datastores!
You can select the VM and view all checkpoints under "Checkpoints" section. Right-click over the desired checkpoint reveals the "Delete Checkpoint" button.
Get-VM vm_name | Get-VMSnapshot | Remove-VMSnapshot
NOTE: This action will remove all existing checkpoints from the VM.