Move a Veeam Agent backup that is managed by the Veeam Service Provider Console to a cloud repository that is backed by a simple backup repository on the provider side.
This example is based on the following scenario information; please adjust accordingly for your situation:
- The initial Veeam Agent backup job was created using VSPC.
- The initial Veeam Agent backup job is named: BackupJob1
- The initial Veeam Agent backup job created restore points on local storage in the folder: C:\VeeamBackup\BackupJob1\
- The Veeam Cloud Connect repository stores backup files in the folder: D:\TenantBackups\
- Cloud resources are exposed to the tenant named: Tenant1
- (Optional) Tenant1 provided access to the cloud repository to the subtenant named: Subtenant1
Note: This example uses Windows file paths. However, the method described is fully compatible with all supported repository path types (e.g., Linux [/backups/tenantbackups/], NFS [x.x.x.x:/backups/tenantbackups/], or SMB [\\nas\backups\tenantbackups\].
To move the backup files that are stored locally to the Veeam Cloud Connect repository, do the following:
- Make sure the Veeam Agent job is not running.
- Move VBK, VIB, and VBM files from the local storage to the cloud repository using a reliable drive or NAS.
(ask the provider if they have a preferred method.)
Service Provider Actions
- On the Service Provider side, create a folder on the repository for the backup data:
- If you are moving the backup file(s) for the tenant:
move files from C:\VeeamBackup\BackupJob1 to D:\TenantBackups\Tenant1\BackupJob1
- If you are moving the backup files(s) for the subtenant:
move files from C:\VeeamBackup\BackupJob1 to D:\TenantBackups\Tenant1\Users\Subtenant1\BackupJob1
- In the Service Provider's Veeam Cloud Connect console rescan the repository where the files were placed in Step 4.
During rescan, the rescan statistics window will display information about added tenant backups in the Tenant backups line.
Note: Perform the rescan during non-working hours to avoid overloading the repository with excessive tasks.
- Update the Veeam Agent backup job
- Edit the initial Veeam Agent backup job through the Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Go to the Destination step of the wizard and change the destination to Cloud Repository.
- On the Credentials step of the wizard, use the tenant or subtenant credentials that match the folder where the seed was placed in Step 2.
- Run the job.