Release Information for Veeam ONE 10a (build 10.0.2.1094).
Please make sure you are running version 220.127.116.1101 (9.5 Update 3) or later prior to installing this update. You can check this under Windows > Programs and Features. After upgrade, your build will be version 10.0.2.1094.
As a result of ongoing R&D effort and in response to customer feedback, this update includes a set of bug fixes and new features, the most significant of which are listed below:
Veeam Backup for AWS and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure Support
Veeam users utilizing cloud-native data protection for Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure), now have visibility* into data protection status across all cloud VMs, regardless of their location.
The unique benefits of cloud-native data protection support in Veeam ONE include:
- Monitoring and alerting. Veeam ONE users can now monitor backup and snapshot job status of cloud-based workloads via predefined alarms and notifications.
- Backup status reporting. Predefined Protected VMs report now includes VMs hosted in AWS and Microsoft Azure public. This helps users in verifying the data protection status for each discovered VM based on the agreed SLA.
- License information dialog now displays weight multiplier for monitored workloads.
- License information dialog has been enhanced when installing a merged license key (sockets and instances).
- User authentication, when using internal Web API methods, has been enhanced.
- Code deserialization mechanism has been enhanced when using the Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics feature.
- Under certain conditions, Veeam ONE server can experience a deadlock situation when saving new data.
- Under certain conditions, Veeam ONE services fail to start after manipulation with the database.
- Object property collection task in Veeam ONE Reporter takes more time to complete the operation after upgrading from version 9.5.
- Object property collection task in Veeam ONE Reporter fails with a timeout for large-scale infrastructures.
- Topology from a vCenter server fails to collect due to presence of VMs with more than 100 virtual disks attached.
- Veeam ONE setup fails if the service account does not have “sysadmin” permissions on the specified Microsoft SQL Server instance.
- Upgrade of Veeam ONE (advanced deployment type) to v10 resets the list of collected performance counters to defaults.
- When using Microsoft SQL Server Express, Veeam ONE upgrade to v10 may fail with the insufficient space for a database error message.
- Under certain conditions, deleted Nutanix VMs are not removed from the Veeam ONE database.
- “Backup Infrastructure Custom Data” report fails to generate when using Turkish locale for the Veeam ONE server.
- “Backup Infrastructure Custom Data” report fails to generate when the Last Run Start Time property is selected in the custom filter.
- “Backup Infrastructure Custom Data” report does not show VM names for tape jobs.
- Under certain conditions, “Backup Infrastructure Custom Data” report fails to generate when “Computer” is selected as a reported object.
- Scale-out Backup Repository Configuration report shows less utilized extents in the “Top x Utilized Extents” chart in the summary section.
- Under certain conditions, extents moved out from the scale-out backup repository cannot be selected in the scope of Veeam Backup & Replication reports.
- “GFS Backup Files” report ignores the selected job list for data displayed on the summary page.
- VM processed by multiple monitored Veeam Backup & Replication servers is accounted multiple times in license usage statistics.
- Veeam ONE triggers a false-positive warning message when license capacity is reached, and exclusion rules for monitored objects are applied.
- Under certain conditions, Veeam ONE license usage can be calculated incorrectly when the same VM is present in multiple backup jobs.
- Veeam ONE assigns license to all protected VMs regardless of their backup date, so that all VMs with backups older than 30 days are accounted for in usage statistics.
- Under certain conditions, Veeam ONE license verification fails with the “License signature is invalid” error message.
- Under certain conditions, performance alarms are not triggered for monitored in-guest OS processes.
- "Heartbeat is missing for VM" alarm cannot be configured with a monitoring period of less than 15 minutes.
- “Suspicious incremental backup size” alarm is not triggered for new backup job sessions if this alarm is already in the triggered state.
- “Suspicious incremental backup size” alarm is automatically resolved when VeeamDCS service is restarted.
- “Suspicious incremental backup size” alarm does not account for per-VM backup chains and does not display VM names in the alarm description.
- Under certain conditions, memory usage for Hyper-V VMs is displayed incorrectly on the VMs tab in Veeam ONE Monitor Client.
- Under certain conditions, data collection job for System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) may fail when VM checkpoints return invalid data.
- Limited scope users can see resource pools, vApps, and other vSphere objects that do not belong to their scope when using the alarm management tab.
- When editing a custom Veeam Backup & Replication dashboard, it may disappear from the UI if there is no Veeam Backup & Replication server added to Veeam ONE.
- Grouping expression with the “Replace” function will not categorize any objects if the condition is replaced with an empty string.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.