Columbus, Ohio, May 19, 2010 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and systems management solutions for VMware virtual datacenter environments, experienced exceptional growth in every area of its business during the first quarter of 2010 and exceeded quota metrics worldwide. Total bookings revenue grew 165 percent in Q1 of 2010 over the same period in 2009, and new license bookings revenue increased 161 percent over that same period. In addition, Veeam added more than 1,400 new customers in the quarter. Other highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
- Customers: More than 1,400 new customers were added in Q1, bringing the total to nearly 10,000 worldwide.
- Partners: More than 3,300 ProPartner resellers and more than 20 distributors worldwide
- New Technology: Veeam announced SureBackup™ in March 2010 – the breakthrough technology that transforms VMware image-level backups. This patent-pending technology tests and verifies the recoverability of every backup of every virtual machine, setting a new standard for data protection and disaster recovery. SureBackup will be available in version 5.0 of Veeam Backup & Replication™, which will be released during the third quarter of 2010.
- Cloud Initiative: Veeam has launched a customized partner program for cloud and managed service providers that specifically aligns to the way they do business. Veeam’s ProPartner Service Provider (PSP) program helps these providers create new revenue opportunities and provide their clients with additional service offerings.
- Employees: During Q1, Veeam hired new directors for Northern and Central Europe: Ian Wells in the United Kingdom and Gerald Hofmann in Germany. Also during the quarter Daniel Fried was promoted to managing director for the entire EMEA region.
- Awards: In January 2010, SearchServerVirtualization.com announced that Veeam won two major awards in its 2009 Products of the Year competition. Veeam Backup & Replication won the Gold award in the backup and storage for virtualization category, and Veeam Business View won the Bronze award in the virtualization management category.
- Commitments and certifications: Veeam Software is committed to its ongoing business partnerships with Dell, HP, Microsoft and VMware. During the first quarter of 2010, Veeam became a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with systems management competency. Veeam also is a Dell ISV Basic Certified Partner, with the Veeam nworks MP for VMware certified as part of the Dell ISV Partner Program. In addition, the Veeam nworks MP and the Veeam nworks Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) for VMware have been certified in the VMware Ready program and are included in the VMware Partner Product Catalog. The Veeam nworks MP is also listed in the Microsoft System Center Management Pack Catalog on the Microsoft Pinpoint site, having passed Microsoft’s own MP best practice analysis and guidelines. Furthermore, HP certified the Veeam nworks SPI for Operations Manager Windows 8 and Operations Manager Unix 9.
“Last year we built a strong worldwide sales and channel organization, establishing Veeam as the technology and innovation leader in VMware data protection, disaster recovery and systems management,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “That resulted in a year of rapid growth, which continued into the first quarter of 2010. We look forward to another year of meeting and exceeding our partners’ and customers’ expectations. We have an exceptional opportunity to continue providing pioneering products in a very dynamic virtualization and cloud computing market.”
About Veeam Software Veeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner and member of the VMware Ready Management program, provides innovative software for managing VMware vSphere 4 and VMware Infrastructure 3. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including #1 for VMware backup: Veeam Backup & Replication; Veeam Reporter, for VMware documentation, change management, and capacity planning; Veeam Monitor, for VMware performance monitoring and alertingacross multiple vCenters; and Veeam Business View, a free add-on that works with other Veeam products to provide business categorization for the VMware vSphere environment. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam’s products include the nworks Management Pack and the nworks Smart Plug-in, which incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from Microsoft and HP. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Social Media Links Twitter: http://twitter.com/veeam LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1624687 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Veeam-Software/48046820798?ref=ts Media Contacts: Jeff Miller Davies Murphy Group firstname.lastname@example.org +1 541 207 3461 Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com +1 614 339 8200