VMworld, San Francisco, August 30, 2010 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, is demonstrating its new vPower technology for Virtualization-Powered Data Protection this week at VMworld 2010. vPower leverages virtualization and Veeam innovation to overcome the limitations of traditional backup and provide fast, flexible and reliable recovery for disasters both large and small. The new patent-pending vPower technology, previously announced by Veeam in March, includes the ability to run a virtual machine (VM) in production or in an isolated virtual lab directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage. vPower is the force behind the upcoming release of Veeam Backup & Replication v5. With five patents pending, v5 with vPower offers these five industry firsts:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire virtual machine from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every virtual machine, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VMware snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Veeam Backup & Replication v5 also includes new Instant Indexing of Windows guest files, “tape-friendly” synthetic full backups, and enhanced deduplication and faster off-site replication. “Data protection and recovery are in the midst of major change,” said Chris Wolf, research vice president at Gartner®. “We now expect archived data to be accessible and just as dynamic as our virtual infrastructures. Tomorrow’s leaders in data protection and recovery are those who intelligently leverage virtual hard disk archives to satisfy all recovery tasks from a single protection operation. This includes instant image recovery, file and object recovery, user self-service recovery and rich verification capabilities.” “vPower is Virtualization-Powered Data Protection that combines the power of virtualization and Veeam’s innovation,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “With vPower we are taking VMware data protection to a new level and making things possible that were not possible before. In addition, vPower is our breakthrough technology, as well as a set of unique industry-changing capabilities enabled by this technology. vPower allows IT to provide much better service at a much lower cost. We believe the unique capabilities that we are introducing provide the major reasons to virtualize more enterprise applications and accelerate virtualization within enterprise environments.” Pricing and Availability Veeam Backup & Replication v5 with vPower will be generally available in October 2010. North American pricing starts at $599 USD per socket for Standard Edition and $899 USD for Enterprise Edition. Customer licenses under maintenance as of June 30, 2010, are eligible for a free upgrade to Enterprise Edition. In addition, customers who purchase the Veeam Management Suite by September 17 are also eligible for a free upgrade. More information about vPower and Backup & Replication v5, including on-demand demonstrations, is available at http://www.veeam.com/vPower. About Veeam SoftwareVeeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere. Veeam vPower provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication, the #1 VMware backup solution. Veeam ONE provides a single solution for managing the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback with Veeam Reporter; VMware categorization and business service management with Veeam Business View; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including VMware monitoring in Microsoft System Center with the nworks Management Pack, VMware monitoring in HP Operations Manager with the nworks Smart Plug-in, and framework-independent VMware monitoring with Veeam Monitor. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com. Social Media Links Twitter: http://twitter.com/veeam LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1624687 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VeeamSoftware Media Contacts: Jeff Miller Davies Murphy Group firstname.lastname@example.org +1 541 207 3461 Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com +1 614 339 8200