Columbus, Ohio, May 18, 2011 – Veeam Software, renowned for innovative solutions for data protection and virtual infrastructure management, will host free seminars in May and June for current and future customers about vPower, the breakthrough technology in Veeam Backup & Replication that transforms data protection and disaster recovery for virtual environments. Attendees can learn about other companies’ experiences with the product, and find out why Veeam has won more major industry awards than any other in its category. In addition to providing cost-effective and comprehensive image-based data protection, Veeam Backup & Replication performs functions not possible with physical backup tools or other virtual backup solutions. During each seminar, participants will see a demonstration of Veeam Backup & Replication to understand how vPower leverages the environment to provide a new level of protection for virtualized applications, services and data. They will also have the opportunity to speak with Veeam system engineers about how to put vPower to work for them. Depending on the location, either breakfast or lunch will be served. The seminars will be held in 12 North American cities and require registration. Registration for this week’s event is at http://go.veeam.com/tour-feel-power-vpower-federal.html, and registration for locations in the East, Central and West United States and for Canada is also available.
||Holiday Inn National Airport at Crystal City
||Bell Harbor International Conference Center
||Smith & Wollensky
||The Westin Galleria
||San Jose, CA
||Crowne Plaza Mid Peninsula
||Garfield Suites Hotel
||Radisson Hotel Toronto East
||Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
||New York, NY
||Hotel Le Cantile Suites
||Crowne Plaza Hotel Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
“Meeting current and future customers gives us the chance to explain exactly how Veeam Backup & Replication will help them get the most from virtual machine backups,” explained Scott Lillis, Director of Systems Engineering, Americas, for Veeam. “It also gives us the opportunity to hear what matters most to them so we can deliver the functionality they need to improve data protection, minimize risks and reduce overall costs.” About vPower
vPower is the technology in Veeam Backup & Replication that lets users run a virtual machine (VM) in production or in an isolated virtual lab directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage. vPower enables these industry firsts:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire VM from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every VM, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and overhead from extra VM snapshots.
- Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
About Veeam Software Veeam Software, an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere. Veeam vPower provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam ONE provides a single solution to optimize the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter - VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View- VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack -VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in -VMware management in HP Operations Manager, and Veeam Monitor - framework-independent VMware monitoring. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com. Social Media Links Podcast: http://www.veeam.com/podcast Blog: http://www.veeam.com/blog Twitter: http://www.veeam.com/twitter Facebook: http://www.veeam.com/facebook LinkedIn: http://www.veeam.com/linkedin YouTube:http://www.veeam.com/youtube Media Contacts: Jeff Miller Davies Murphy Group firstname.lastname@example.org +1 541 207 3461 Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com +1 614 339 8202