The second day for the 3,000+ attendees at VeeamON 2017 in New Orleans started with a general session, divided in two parts. First, Co-CEO and President Peter McKay and Veeam co-founder Ratmir Timashev presented Our Digital Future.
The presentation was a testimonial to Veeam’s innovative products, which are all designed to ensure Availability for the hybrid cloud.
Next, the Veeam Evangelist Team and Global Product Marketing VP John Metzger presented Availability is More Than a Word. The session included the following highly anticipated announcements:
- NEW Veeam Availability Suite v10’s many new features and capabilities such as:
- Built-in management for Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
- NAS backup support for SMB and NFS shares
- Scale-Out Backup Repository — Archive Tier
- Veeam CDP (Continuous Data Protection)
- Additional enterprise scalability enhancements
- Primary Storage Integration — Universal Storage Integration API
- DRaaS enhancements (for service providers)
- And more!
- Amazon Web Services is well-known by IT pros from companies of all sizes, and those same companies take full responsibility for the protection and recovery of their data running in AWS.
Veeam Availability for AWS (delivered through a Veeam and N2WS strategic partnership) is a cloud-native, agentless backup and Availability solution designed to protect and recover AWS applications and data.
With this solution, companies can mitigate the risk of losing access to applications and they are ensured protection of their AWS data against accidental deletion, malicious activity and outages.
- NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is now available! It’s based on Veeam Endpoint Backup Free and includes two editions — workstation and server. With this solution, you get complete protection for both workstations and Windows physical servers, even those running in the cloud, plus protection of roaming endpoints and more.
Special guests on the main stage at the general session were two industry-renowned speakers: VMware COO Sanjay Poonen and Cisco SVP of Global Data Center & Virtualization Sales Frank Palumbo.
The break-out sessions kept everyone busy all day. One of the most interesting sessions I attended was a session called Veeam Support vs Ransomware by Ben Milligan, Veeam VP of NA Customer Support and Mike Zolkin, Veeam VP, EMEA Customer Support.
I learned about the most popular ransomware targets, how organizations usually get infected, Ransomware as a Service and other related information. The speaker passed on great tips and tricks on how to mitigate the risk of being infected with ransomware.
Our famous LabWarz contest kicked off first thing today. Over 300 attendees signed up for the competition to test their knowledge of Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 in difference scenarios. The Expo Hall at the Convention Center was filled with talented IT pros who were intent on winning the $10,000 prize in this race against the clock. The winner will be announced at the VeeamON party on Thursday night!
Stay tuned and join the conversation on social media using the #VeeamON hashtag!
Attendees can stay in touch and on schedule with the VeeamON 2017 mobile app:
More news from VeeamON 2017 will come your way tomorrow on day three, the last day of the conference! You can find more photos on
Other materials which might be interesting to you: