Veeam® is expanding its portfolio of products to include our newest offering, Veeam Backup for Salesforce, which eliminates the risk of losing Salesforce data and metadata due to human error, integration issues and other Salesforce data loss scenarios.
As Salesforce continues to be one of the most utilized CRMs in the world because of its advanced account, contact management and customization options, this new offering from Veeam, who continues to be a market leader in Modern Data Protection, enables organizations to deploy a backup environment on-premises, in AWS, in Microsoft Azure and more. Veeam provides complete access and control of Salesforce data and metadata, as well as providing powerful, rapid-recovery capabilities for IT departments and Salesforce administrators. This includes granular and bulk data recovery of Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields and files.
Conducted on Veeam’s behalf by an independent research firm, the Veeam Salesforce Protection Trends Report 2022 surveyed 800 unbiased IT leaders and implementers around the world. This report found that there isn’t just one reason to back up Salesforce. Those surveyed believe there are a lot of reasons, and collectively, those reasons equate to a lot of issues that can go wrong within a Salesforce environment. These include human error from various users – administrators, developers, general users or even Salesforce itself – that can lead to Salesforce data loss or corruption. Many of these reasons are consistent with the same kinds of risks that face other IT platforms, including best practices and regulatory mandates, cyber security concerns and errors caused by application integrations or even malicious or accidental data corruption. All of these reasons lead to the necessity of having Salesforce backups in place.
The need for Salesforce backup, and the question of who exactly is responsible for creating a data protection strategy and Salesforce organizational requirements has always led to confusion. Is it IT, the Salesforce Admin, or the Salesforce Consultant? Trying to backtrack and figure out who should have a backup plan in place usually happens after a data loss event that has no chance of recovery. Don’t let this happen to your organization by waiting until it is too late, put your backup plan in place today!
Although IT professionals overwhelmingly agree that Salesforce data loss is inevitable within an organization, they tend to rarely back it up. Mass data imports are common for most organizations that use Salesforce, and these imports are the number one reason for data corruption and deletion, and they’re handled by the professionals that are hired to keep your Salesforce data safe. Everything from overprivileged users to developers not checking code before moving data to production can play a part in why organizations need to be responsible for their own data.
Whether there’s a mistake made with data loader or third party integration causes an issue, Veeam’s easy-to-use user interface helps users resolve issues and retrieve data in just a few clicks..
Key capabilities of NEW Veeam Backup for Salesforce include:
- Salesforce-Native: Purpose-built to backup and restore Salesforce data and metadata.
- Fast and Flexible Recovery: Recover Salesforce records, hierarchies, fields, files and metadata.
- Secure Your Data: Own your data and run your backup environment anywhere: on-premises, in AWS, in Microsoft Azure and more.
- Salesforce Business Applications: Extending support of the Salesforce platform, including Salesforce Government and Education Clouds, Field Service, CPQ, Person Accounts and managed packages.
- Custom Scheduling: Set granular backup schedules and retention settings at the object level.
- Sandbox Seeding: Restore to your sandbox with data from production or from another sandbox.
- Salesforce SSO and MFA: Enable role-based access for backup and restore operators via Salesforce to simplify and improve the security of your operations.
- Simplified Management: Manage backup policies for several Salesforce organizations from one console.
- Incremental Changes: With incremental sync and flexible scheduling, you can back up your Salesforce data almost continuously.
- Simple and Easy-to-Use UI: Click, click, click and done. Run backup policies and restore jobs in minutes.
- See and Compare: See versions of records and metadata and quickly compare them with production.
- Restore Hierarchy: Granularly restore linked child objects to any record. Parent records can also be restored.
Sign up for a free trial of Veeam Backup for Salesforce to gain full functionality for 30 days and sleep better at night knowing your Salesforce data and metadata are protected!
Veeam Backup for Salesforce v2 is now available. Learn more about the release here.
- Veeam Backup for Salesforce Solution Overview
- 9 Reasons to Backup Salesforce
- Salesforce Shared Responsibility Model