Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v6a released a couple of days ago, and we are excited to announce some new features and enhancements. To start, we now have support for the new Teams API for chats! Also included in this release is a GDPR compliance feature, a new user protection report, and tons of efficiency enhancements.
In this blog post, I’ll cover the main feature sets, but for more detailed information and a complete list of features in this release, check out our release KB.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 now supports backups for Teams chats with the new Teams Export APIs as required by Microsoft, we look forward to more development in backup features and speed. For more information on this API and how you need to prepare, check out this Knowledge Base Article.
More speed please
This latest release added many performance enhancements, including backup speed and restore speed, all while offering three times better storage compression for backups on object storage. Read the following release notes so you know what to expect with the latest version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 when you update:
- Up to 3x better compression of backup data stored in object storage repositories
- Up to 4.7x faster SharePoint/OneDrive incremental backups
- Up to 4x faster backup of SharePoint/OneDrive items with thousands of versions
- Up to 2x faster restore of SharePoint sites with a large number of lists and items
- Up to 10x higher saving rate for SharePoint sites backed up to Jet-based repositories
- Up to 15% faster resolving of Teams objects during a backup job
- Up to 10x faster restoring data retrieved from an archive tier repository
- Up to 15x faster export of an Exchange mailbox data retrieved from an archive tier repository
- Up to 3.3x lower egress costs during backup copy
- Backup copy:
- Up to 2.6x faster for Exchange data
- Up to 3.3x faster for SharePoint/OneDrive data
Even more features
In this latest version, we have added a new report for protected users. These statistics will help administrators clearly see removed users who are still protected. The last feature we will cover in this article is all about compliance. In V6A, we added some enhancements around the management of archival repository data through PowerShell to better support GDPR compliance for removing backup data.