This document helps navigate the pre-defined Veeam ONE v11a reports, relevant to VMware, based on two categories. Reports listed in the first section below are recommended for documenting the backup infrastructure and design, and planning for growth. Reports in the second section are recommended for compliance reports on data protection or internal service level agreement auditing.
Reports for documenting the backup infrastructure and design, and planning for growth
This report analyzes the configuration of your virtual environment against a set of recommended baseline settings and implementations, identifies VMs that cannot be properly backed up due to configuration limitations, verifies problem areas and helps mitigate the issues.
This report estimates the amount of free space available on backup repositories and forecasts how many days remain before a repository will run out of available storage capacity.
This report provides advanced information on completed backup and replication job sessions, and helps you identify possible performance bottlenecks.
- Top 5 Jobs by Average Duration (Hours) and Top 5 Jobs by Transferred Data (GB) charts
- Successful Backup Ratio by Day (%) chart
- Details table provides information on each performed backup and replication job: session start time and job duration, the amount of transferred data, the completion state.
This report provides inventory information on configuration of your Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.
- License Information section
- Infrastructure section provides information about backup servers, including the version of Veeam Backup & Replication installed, the number and type of backup proxies and backup repositories managed by backup servers.
- Backup Proxies section provides information about backup proxy servers
- Tape Servers section
- Backup Repositories section shows a list of backup repositories and provides additional details
- WAN Accelerators section
- VMs in Jobs section
Reports for compliance reporting on data protection or internal service level agreement auditing
- This report analyzes the backup, snapshot and replication snapshot protection of VMs in your Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform cloud infrastructures. Note that the report scope includes only target repositories connected to the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- A VM is considered protected if there is at least one valid backup, snapshot or replication snapshot restore point that meets the designated RPO for it. A VM is considered unprotected if it has outdated or missing restore points.
This report provides information on daily backup statuses for all protected computers.
- This report provides information on all protected and unprotected computers, including their last backup state.
- A computer is considered protected if there is at least one valid backup restore point that meets the designated RPO for it. A computer is considered unprotected if it has an outdated or missing backup restore point.
This report allows you to keep an eye on backup job configuration changes that occurred during a specified period.
This report allows you to keep an eye on all types of restore actions performed across the selected Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
This report provides a list of VMs that do not meet the requirement to have a minimal number of backup copies available at any time. The report displays a pie chart that shows the proportion of backup-compliant VMs among the rest of the VMs across the selected virtual infrastructure scope. The details table provides information on non-compliant VMs properties, simplifying analysis and remediation of such VMs.
The main backup purpose is to protect your data against disasters and VM failures. Having only one copy of a backup file does not provide the necessary level of safety. To build a successful data protection and disaster recovery plan, you must have at least one independent copy of a backup file off site, for example, in a remote site.
This report provides information about the backup of SQL and Oracle databases including their transaction log level backups.
- SLA Chart shows backup intervals within the specified RPO period
- Job Sessions by Status chart identifies successes, failures and warning at a glance
This report evaluates the IU, replication and backup copy jobs. The report shows whether they triggered any errors, warnings or completed successfully on the last session.
- B&R Job Status pie chart represents overall efficiency of VM protection operations by displaying the total number of idle jobs and jobs whose last session completed successfully/with warnings.
- Top 10 Jobs by Duration table provides a summary of the top 10 jobs with the longest backup duration. Each job session can be expanded to display the list of constituent VMs that have been affected.
- Details section displays information on all jobs performed during the reporting period: job duration and status, the number of processed VMs, the amount of transferred data. For failed jobs, the report also shows error text.
This report analyzes the backup protection of VMs in your virtual environment. A VM is considered protected if there is at least one valid backup or replica restore point that meets the designated RPO for it. A VM is considered unprotected if it is outdated or missing backup or replica restore points. The report examines whether VMs have valid backup and replica restore points created within the specified time range (RPO period), shows the total number of restore points available for each protected VM, and provides information on the completion status of recent backup and replication job sessions. The report helps you identify which VMs in your environment function without proper protection and make sure the existing backups and replicas meet established RPO requirements.
This report provides information on the daily backup status for all protected VMs. The report complements the Protected VMs report and shows job completion results for backup, backup copy and replication tasks for protected VMs.
- VM Backup Status chart represents overall efficiency of daily protection operations
- Details table provides a list of protected VMs and displays daily job completion results.
This report publishes the timetable for scheduled backup, replication and backup copy jobs.
The report analyzes all recurrent jobs in the selected scope and reveals advanced details:
This report provides a wealth of historical information on workloads and their data protection history.