VM templates are not backed up or cannot be selected to add to the job.
VM templates are excluded from backups by default.
To be able to see a template in the list of virtual infrastructure objects while editing a backup job, go to Virtual Machines > Add and open the VMs and Templates view. Search the necessary template by template name. Templates displayed in the search results list are identified as a “Template”.
When processing VM containers, Veeam Backup & Replication includes VM templates in version 6.x and higher. To exclude VM templates from being backed up, click on Exclusions and open the Templates tab and clear the “Backup VM templates” check box. The “Exclude templates from incremental backup” option allows you to include VM templates into full backups only.
The default behavior for backup jobs is to exclude VM templates. To change the default behavior:
- Open properties of a backup job and go to the Virtual Machines step.
- Choose the necessary VM container in the list and click Exclusions.
- Open the Templates tab and select both the Backup VM templates and Exclude templates from incremental backup check boxes.
Legacy modes are disabled by default. To enable them, follow the next steps:
- From the main menu of Veeam Backup & Replication, select Tools > Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and select the Enable legacy processing modes check box.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.