There are some features that are not included with the unlicensed Free version of ESXi. Likely you will see this error during your SureBackup jobs when attempting to mount the vPower NFS
[timestamp] <19> Error Unable to mount vPower NFS volume (MGMT:/VeeamBackup_MGMT). MGMT.nuke.com: fault.RestrictedVersion.summary\n192.168.60.40: fault.RestrictedVersion.summary\n10.20.20.60: fault.RestrictedVersion.summary\n (Veeam.Backup.Common.CommonException)
ESXi free is not supported. How do I verify whether the host is in free compatibility mode?
Here is a quick and easy way to ensure you are not using ESXi basic, which does not offer all of the functionality as a licensed version of ESXi:
1. You will need to first login to the ESXi host via the web browser to access the Managed Object Browser with the appropriate credentials.
2. Then, go to one of the following links using your browser, depending on your version of ESXi (xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the ESXi host in question):
3. After that choose "LicenseFeatureInfo QuerySupportedFeatures"
4. You will see a new window, click "Invoke Method" (do not put anything into the field "Value")
5. You will see either “esxbasic” or “esxfull”. The following screenshot shows “esxfull”, where an “esxbasic” would mean that the host is in free functionality mode.
Please contact VMware to obtain the appropriate license for the "Free" ESXi host.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.