The Tape Llibrary with user-created media pools are shown as "offline". A duplicate of the Tape Library, without media pools is shown online instead.
Issue can occur from changing device hardware, firmware, or other such updates to components outside of Veeam. The device ID can be modified and thus causing a "new" Library/drive to show in the console.
- Remove all tapes from Catalog (This might require the Tape Device to be powered down so all media is "offline")
- Delete the Media Pools on the Offline Library
- Remove the Offline Library (Right click + Remove Library)
- Create New Media Pools on the Online Library
- Catalog the Tapes to regain the Veeam Catalog and see the information inside Veeam's UI
While this solution is cumbersome, it is the supported method as each Media Pools is directly associated with the parent Device.
- Upgrade to Version 9
In Version 9, the media pools are now "global" and will be associated with all Veeam Tape Servers.