In v9 of Enterprise Manager, you might get an authentication prompt similar to the one below (the look of the prompt depends on your internet browser).
To force the use of HTML form-based authentication, use the solution below.
The window is shown due to the automatic NTLM-based authentication method introduced in v9.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console on your Enterprise Manager server.
- Locate the VeeamBackup site.
- In the Default Document options, add Login.aspx to the top of the list.
- In the Authentication options, disable Forms Authentication method.
- In the Modules, remove the MixedAuthenticationModule2 module.
- Open the following files using notepad and replace "<a href="/">Home</a>" with "<a href="/default.aspx">Home</a>" :
%programfiles%\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Enterprise Manager\WebApp\js\veeam-configuration.js
%programfiles%\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Enterprise Manager\WebApp\js\release\app.min.js
- Restart the VeeamBackup website using IIS and clear the cache of your Internet browser.
NTLM-based method automatically logs in the current user if the following conditions are met:
1) The computer you are using to access Enterprise Manager and EM itself are in the same AD domain
2) The user has permissions to access Enterprise Manager