Due to limitations of a SOBR with VBM file naming and size, when moving from a simple repository to a SOBR, it is best to have backup files on a SOBR when the repository for the job is moved to the SOBR. This is due to the fact that backups can be skipped during a SOBR rescan when moving a job to a SOBR.
- Create a new folder IE: (If the current repository is E: Backups, created E:\Backups-temp)
- Move the backup files related to the job from E:\Backups to E:\Backups-temp (a move rather than copy should be very quick)
- Create a new simple repository in your infrastructure, pointing it to E:\Backups-temp (and allow the rescan to see the files you've moved there)
- Edit the job pointing to the new (temp) repository and follow standard procedures to "Map" it to its new location
- Once you know the job is configured with the backup data in its new (temp) location, then you can add that (temp) repository to your SOBR.
- The backup data should now be migrated into your SOBR and the job will be automatically updated
- Now place the temp repository into "Maintenance" mode
- Now "Evacuate" the temp repository which will automatically re-distribute your backup data
- Once the repository has been evacuated, you can delete the extent from the SOBR, then you can delete the simple repository