Veeam ONE raises Events data collection failure against Veeam Backup and Replication OR Hyper-V server.
Permissions, UAC configuration and firewall settings need to be configured.
- Verify that the account used to connect to Veeam Backup and Replication OR Hyper-V server in Veeam ONE has correct permissions. To check the account name, go to Veeam ONE Monitor > Data Protection View > right-click on the Veeam Backup and Replication object. Note the specified account. You can check the same for the Hyper-V server: Veeam ONE Monitor > Infrastructure tree > right-click on the Hyper-V object.
- On the Veeam Backup and Replication OR Hyper-V server, confirm that this account as well as the Veeam ONE service account are added to the Event Log Readers Group and Administrators group in Local Systems and Groups
- Even if the Firewall is off, activate the following firewall rules on the Veeam Backup and Replication OR Hyper-V server side:
- Remote Event Log Management (NP-In)
- Remote Event Log Management (RPC)
- Remote Event Log Management (RPC-EPMAP)
- COM+ Network Access (DCOM-In)
If Veeam Backup&Replication/Hyper-V and Veeam ONE are installed on the same server, try one of the following solutions in addition to the steps above:
- Change the type of the all Public network connections to Private using the following Powershell cmdlet:
Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private
Or using the registry editor (machine restart will be required):
0 = public
1 = private
2 = domain
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.