Release Notes for Veeam ONE 9.5 Update 3
Please confirm you are running Veeam ONE 9.5 prior to installing this update. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam ONE Monitor Client, the build number should be 18.104.22.16801 or 22.214.171.12454. After upgrading, your version build will be 126.96.36.19901.
This update should be applied to the Veeam ONE server, as well as remote systems with the Veeam ONE Monitor Client.
Before you apply the update, make sure you have a full backup of Veeam ONE database.
New Features and Enhancements
- Veeam Agents Backup Monitoring and Reporting. Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Agent for Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux
- Location Tag Support. Veeam ONE pre-defined reports and Monitor UI now support location tags for VMs, hosts, computers configured in Veeam Backup & Replication to observe data sovereignty.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Support. Veeam ONE now fully supports Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Version 1709 Support. Veeam ONE now fully supports Microsoft Windows Server 2016, version 1709
- Veeam Agent Jobs Monitoring. Veeam ONE now monitors Veeam Agent backup jobs configured in Veeam Backup & Replication servers
- Veeam Agent Policies Monitoring. Veeam ONE now monitors Veeam Agent backup policies configured in Veeam Backup & Replication servers
- Enhanced Veeam Backup Data Collection. With Update 3, users will experience faster data collection from Veeam Backup & Replication servers, especially in large-scale deployments.
- Enhanced Hyper-V Data Collection. With Update 3 users will experience more stable data collection from Microsoft Hyper-V, especially in large-scale deployments.
- Veeam ONE Server Load Alarm. This alarm notifies user of high Veeam ONE server load to ensure stable workload.
- Performance Cache Path Setting. Veeam ONE now allows to change the performance cache location in Monitor Client UI.
- Protected Computers Report. This report lists all protected and unprotected computers running Veeam Agent.
- Data Sovereignty Overview. This report lists all protected objects, backups and replicas grouped by location tag
- Data Sovereignty Violations. This report shows potential data sovereignty violations for all protected objects.
- Location-Based Reporting. Veeam ONE now provides an option to generate reports based on the location tags configured in Veeam Backup & Replication
- New VM Metrics. Veeam ONE now includes “VM Used Space per Datastore” and “VM Provisioned Space per Datastore” counters to identify how much space a VM and its corresponding files take up on the datastore.
- Enhanced Backup Custom Infrastructure Report. “Last Run Duration (sec)” has been added to the report parameters list.
Veeam Cloud & Service Providers
- Cloud Connect Inventory Report Enhancement. This report now displays per-VM license key usage.
- Enhanced vCloud Director integration. Veeam ONE now caches user credentials to allow faster log-ins to the Monitor client.
- Tenant Credentials Caching. This feature Veeam ONE saves permissions check time over infrastructure each time a tenant logs in.
- Performance graphs do not handle daylight saving time
- Under certain conditions tape server summary displays incorrect number of processed VMs.
- Guest OS disk usage alarm is reset to its default thresholds after product update.
- Some performance-based alarms ignore custom “Time period” values.
- CSV datastores with the same name managed by the same SCVMM server display incorrect values.
- Report scheduling does not handle daylight saving time
- Several reports miss data in Advanced Scalability mode
- Direct links to Veeam ONE dashboards and reports integrated to 3rd party monitoring and reporting applications stop working after upgrade.
- Deleted VMs are not considered in performance-based chargeback reports
- Under certain conditions Cloud Connect User Report (Backup) shows incorrect number of Days Left to Reach Quota.
- VM Change Rate History report shows not accurate number of incremental backups
- Latest Backup Job Status report treats job retries as individual job runs
- Capacity Planning report shows incorrect datastore usage
- Some reports show wrong vCPU count for VMs using NUMA
- Under certain conditions Host Resource Usage Chargeback report uses VM Disk size in TB instead of GB what makes VM cost calculation results incorrect
- Tags are not collected from distributed vCenter Server 6.x when Platform Service Controller is installed as a dedicated server
- Under certain conditions VMs with long VM Folder path cannot be categorized
- Dashboard scheduling doesn’t work in distributed Veeam ONE installation when security certificates are missing from the server with Veeam ONE Web UI. To resolve this problem, import security certificates that are installed to Veeam ONE server to the server where Veeam ONE Web UI is deployed.
- Performance collection of CSV under Hyper-V cluster stops after volume is renamed. To resolve this problem, restart Veeam ONE server service.
- Data Sovereignty Violations report requires Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer.
MD5 checksum for VeeamONE_188.8.131.5201.Update3.zip: 6C4D70248B2983BC4E9523B7878A87EC
If you are looking for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3, please follow this link.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.