Back-Up Remote Veeam ONE Database
If the Veeam ONE database is located in a SQL Instance on a remote SQL Server, a backup must be created using either SQL Server Management Studio or SQLCMD on that remote SQL Server.
Note: These methods can also be used with local Veeam ONE databases; it's simply easier to create a backup using the Veeam ONE Setting Utility when possible.
Option 1: Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with administrator permissions.
- Connect to the ServerName\Instance of the server with the DB you want to back up.
- Expand the Databases tab to get to the DB you want to back up.
- Right-click the desired DB > Tasks > Back Up.
- Set Backup Type to Full
- Specify the database file destination by choosing the Back up to Disk option > Add the destination path to save the database backup.
- Go to Backup Options and set Set backup compression to Compress backup to reduce the database file size (the option is not mandatory).
- Click OK to start the Backup process.
Option 2: Using SQL command line
- On the SQL Server where the Veeam ONE Database is located, open an Administrative Command Prompt
- Modify the variables in the following command, then run it to create a backup file: