You need to limit the netwrok traffic between the Veeam ONE server and the virtual infrastructure servers or to decrease the Veeam ONE database growth rate.
Sometimes disabling a number of performance counters can be used to achieve these results.
NOTE: In accordance with Veeam best practices, it is strongly advised not to deploy Veeam ONE behind a limited-performance WAN link due to the significant volume of real-time performance data retrieved from the virtual infrastructure.
NOTE: It is recommended to deploy Veeam ONE database on a dedicated SQL Server to avoid performance issues.
NOTE: Disabling retrieval of certain counters will affect Veeam ONE Monitor graphs and Veeam ONE Reporter reports that depend on these counters.
To disable collection of certain counters from the virtual infratsruture, follow the next steps:
1. Open the Veeam ONE Settings utility:
- Run the executable file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE Settings\VeeamOneSettings.exe
- Open Veeam ONE Monitor client > Options > Server Settings > Other Settings > Support utility section > Launch button
3. Uncheck the performance counters you would like to stop collecting.
4. Save the settings.
5. Restart Veeam ONE services to apply the changes.
NOTE: Advanced Scalability mode can be activated as an alternative option.
Data collection mode determines what metrics Veeam ONE will collect, and specifies the product configuration in a number of areas. Choosing the appropriate data collection mode allows you to optimize monitoring and reporting performance.
Data Collection Modes comparison table.