Veeam Availability Console 2.0 Cumulative Hotfix 1376
Please confirm you are running version 126.96.36.1999 or later prior to installing this cumulative hotfix 1376. You can check this under Windows > Programs and features. After upgrading, your build will be version 188.8.131.526.
As a result of on-going R&D effort and in response to customer feedback, cumulative hotfix 1376 includes a set of bug fixes, the most significant of which are listed below:
- Veeam Availability Console server starts using 100% of CPU resources when registering a Company (aka tenant) from the Cloud Connect server.
- Unable to delete a company from VAC UI if a tenant has been already deleted in Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Optimized PowerShell queries to Veeam Cloud Connect to decrease Veeam.Backup.Satellite processes count.
- Under certain conditions a company owner may view failover plans that belong to a different company.
- Veeam management agents show "Out-of-date" as their version status.
Backup Policy & Veeam Agent
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows disappears from the Veeam Availability Console UI after applying the backup policy.
- Backup policies may fail to apply to computers with Scandinavian locales due to a different DateTime delimiter.
- Under certain conditions, a backup policy may fail to delete.
Monitoring & Alarms
- Under certain conditions "Cloud Host Memory Quota" and "Company Cloud Host Storage Quota" alarms are not triggered after breaching the configured threshold.
- When defining RPO in hours in the "VM without backup" alarm, values above 24 are converted into days.
- A failed job after a successful retry is still reported as "failed".
- Under certain conditions, the "Computer without backup" alarm may not trigger.
Reporting & Billing
- Re-configuring a report may result in the "An item with the same key has already been added" error message.
- Under certain conditions, RPO is reported incorrectly in the "Protected VMs" report.
- Total Gross may not be correctly calculated when specifying VAT for managed services.
- Tenant Used Storage may be calculated incorrectly in invoices when VMs are backed up to Cloud Connect repository.
- Compute Time Usage may be calculated incorrectly if the "per month" counter is specified.
- A "Protected Computers" report may fail to generate due to the total files path field for the File-Level Backup mode exceeding the allowed maximum. By default, backup jobs contain folder names along with their location.
- Cloud repository used storage quota may be calculated incorrectly, when the backup agent is backed up to the Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
- Under certain conditions "UsedStorageQuota" and "UsedTrafficQuota" are reported incorrectly through RestAPI.
Download VAC 184.108.40.2066
To install the cumulative hotfix 1376:
1. Back up the VAC database.
2. Log off VAC Web UI.
msiexec /update c:\VAC.ApplicationServer.x64_220.127.116.116.msp /l*v C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup\Temp\VACApplicationServerSetup.txt
4. To install the Web UI cumulative hotfix, execute VAC.WebUI.x64_18.104.22.1686.msp as administrator on the VAC Web UI server, or run this cmdlet as administrator:
msiexec /update c:\VAC.WebUI.x64_22.214.171.1246.msp /l*v C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup\Temp\VACWebUISetup.txt
5. Log in to VAC Web UI.
MD5 checksum for KB2418.zip is a951d826374297549264a0e4996f0e81
Should have any questions, contact Veeam Support.