When a computer is being added to protection group, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows deployment starts and fails with the following:
Info [UploadManager] Checking windows package 'C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Agents\VAW\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi' signature on host 'HOSTNAME' Error Failed to call RPC function 'PckgCheckSignature': Signature of module 'C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Agents\VAW\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi' is invalid.. Error Signature of module 'C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Agents\VAW\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi' is invalid Error --tr:Failed to call DoRpc. CmdName: [PckgCheckSignature].
The certificate which is used to sign the Veeam Agent installation package is not installed in the Trusted Root Certification Authority store on the client computer.
- Download DigiCert Assured ID Root CA here (right click on Download button - save as)
- Double click the downloaded .srt file
- Click Install Certificate
- Choose Local Machine and click on Next
- Place the certificate into Trusted Root Certification Authorities by clicking the Browse button.