This article describes the procedure of moving a Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server installation to a new server.
The following prerequisites are required to carry out the procedure:
- The new server ready for VBO installation should have the same or higher version of Windows OS.
- If the repository is a network share, then the target server should have access to that share.
- If the repository is an iSCSI drive then it is important to disconnect it from the source first to avoid the two iSCSI initiators issue. Then connect it to the target server.
- Your license file should be available.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server migration.
- Install the same version of Windows on the new server.
- Install Veeam Backup for Office 365 on this new server.
- Stop all the VBO services on the original site before moving any data.
- Copy the repository data to the repository location on the new server.
- Add the repository (from new location) to the new server.
- Add the same organization on the new server.
- Add a proxy from the original site (optional):
b. Open backup job settings and specify to use another proxy;
c. Remove the proxy from the original VBO365 console;
d. Add the proxy to the new VBO365 server.
Please note: Backup proxy server and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server must be deployed within the same or a trusted domain.
- Create a backup job and point it to the added repository.
- Run your job(s) to see if they succeed.
- Run a test restore from a restore point created on the old VBO server to verify that you can recover.
Note: Restore points from the previous VBO server are available as soon as the organization is added to the console.
1. Stop all backup jobs that are running on a remote proxy.
2. Open backup job settings and specify to use another proxy.
3. Remove the current remote proxy from the VBO365 console.
4. Copy the repository data from the current proxy to a new proxy to the path where the new repository is planned.
5. Add a new remote proxy in the VBO365 console.
6. Add a new repository (specifying the path from step 4) which is associated with the new remote proxy.
7. Open backup job settings and specify to use the new remote proxy if needed.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.