A Veeam Agent backup job finishes with the warning:
Disk RECOVERY is running low on free space
There is a limit on space that must be free on each volume of the backup source. Veeam Agent requires free space to create a VSS snapshot of the backed-up volume. The limit depends on the size of the volume.
|Volume Size (MB)||Free Space Limit (MB)|
|up to 524||52|
|525 to 1073||355|
|1074 to 2146||525|
|2147 and more||1073|
During the backup job session, Veeam Agent checks volumes to ensure there is enough space for the job to run:
- If free space is less than the free space limit, the backup job fails.
- If free space is less than the free space limit multiplied by 2, the backup job finishes with a warning.
It is recommended to resolve the issue in one of the following ways:
- Free space on the volume.
- Increase the volume size.
- Run regedit.exe.
- Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam EndPoint Backup key.
- Add the following value under the key:
- Name: DisableVolumeFreeSpaceCheckWarning
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Value: 1
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Restart the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows service.