BAAR, Switzerland: November 16, 2016
Veeam Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise, today announced that New Veeam Availability Suite 9.5, engineered to support enterprises seeking the ability to run their businesses uninterrupted as they adopt more virtualized, cloud-first technologies, is now generally available for customers across the globe.
This latest version of Veeam’s flagship solution, an integral part of Veeam Cloud Data Management for the Hybrid Cloud, heralds a new era for enterprise scalability and performance with more than 175 new features that are specifically designed to deliver enhanced agility and flexibility by ensuring 24.7.365 Availability of all workloads and applications no matter where they may reside – on-premises or in the cloud. More than 60,000 customers registered to be the first to know about the new v9.5 features and enhancements illustrating exponentially expanding IT investments in modern storage, hyper-converged systems and Hybrid Cloud, and the need to keep these new technologies available..
According to recent IDC research, data protection strategies designed for legacy client/server environments no longer meet the dynamic needs of evolving virtual computing/cloud business models, and with the average cost of downtime for the typical enterprise exceeding $100,000 per hour, they [enterprises] are actively seeking true availability solutions that can improve RTPOs (recovery time and point objectives) to deliver enhanced efficiency, agility and reliability across their entire operations.
“Veeam Availability Suite has always been at the leading-edge of innovation, and as enterprises embrace a more virtualized, cloud-first era, our approach to 24.7.365 Availability is becoming the standard-bearer for the market,” said Peter McKay, President and COO at Veeam. “As the amount of data and number of cloud workloads continues to grow at exponential rates, I am proud that with Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 we are dramatically enhancing our enterprise scalability to protect tens of thousands of VMs and petabytes of data.”
IDC also reported that in comparison to other providers, Veeam enables businesses to cover more workloads, be more aggressive on SLAs for larger sets of workloads, and meet those more aggressive SLAs more often. In fact, almost 90 percent of customers experienced far lower RTPOs with Veeam than with their previous provider and nearly three-times as many respondents had a zero backup job failure rate after Veeam as compared to before. Building on Veeam’s class-leading performance and reliability, and now with powerful enhancements which deliver dramatically enhanced scalability, Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 is ideally suited for the needs of the modern Always-On Enterprise.
Specifically, innovations in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 include:
- NEW Enterprise Scalability Enhancements - the exponential growth of data and provisioned IT services is forcing businesses of all sizes to rethink their Availability strategy. Through a host of new enterprise enhancements, Veeam is now capable of helping enterprises scale more efficiently and effectively, regardless of environment size being able to protect tens of thousands of VMs and petabytes of data
- Businesses can modernize their private cloud platform and enterprise applications through the industry’s first FULL integration with Microsoft 2016 data center technologies such as Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2016, Nano server and Storage Spaces Direct
- NEW Advanced ReFS integration, which offers greater performance and capacity efficiencies for large-scale datasets while ensuring backup data resiliency and the protection of business critical applications
- NEW Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure delivers cloud restore for Veeam backups in support of our “Cloud First” strategy to optimize resource allocation and minimize cost. This new solution enables businesses to take on-premises Windows and Linux-based VMs, physical servers and endpoints, and restore or migrate them to Azure
- Veeam delivers Availability for the Always-On Enterprise through integrations with enterprise storage offerings from HPE, NetApp and Dell EMC, and now extends this integration to Nimble Storage in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5
- Included in NEW Veeam ONE 9.5 (part of Veeam Availability Suite), enterprises and service providers can leverage powerful chargeback and billing reports for virtual and backup infrastructures to help calculate the cost of compute and storage resources within their organizations or service offerings, and charge individual departments or customers based on usage
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 is generally available today. To learn more, or to find a Veeam ProPartner in your region, please visit https://www.veeam.com.
Veeam recently announced VeeamON 2017, the world’s Premier Hybrid Cloud Availability Event, taking place May 16 – 18, 2017 in New Orleans, LA. Register now to Experience Availability. For more information, please visit https://www.veeam.com
About Veeam Software
Veeam recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise, a business that must operate 24.7.365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 43,000 ProPartners and more than 216,500 customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com.