Updated May 24, 2022
On March 4, 2022, Veeam announced that we were pausing all sales in Russia. Today, Veeam has made the decision to cease all business operations in Russia. We are committed to supporting our Russian employees as they navigate this challenging transition.
March 4, 2022
As a global company, every act that hurts or harms our communities hits close to home. The acts of aggression against Ukraine are shocking and deeply concerning.
The needs of Ukrainians living in active crisis, or of those who have escaped and are seeking refuge, are many. While our thoughts and prayers are with those in harm’s way and we actively call for peace, our actions must also match our words. Our actions are focused on five key areas:
- We are making access to all of our data protection products, along with full production level support, free to all business and government entities in Ukraine for the duration of this conflict as well as the recovery phase.
- We have set up an employee contribution match to registered charitable organizations up to $1,000,000 USD.
- We are donating $250,000 USD across organizations focused on providing medical aid, helping with children and families’ basic needs, and assisting with the escalating refugee crisis.
- We are supporting the use of employee volunteer days (we call it Veeam Cares), the company’s philanthropic and volunteer organization, to help make a difference at this time.
- Veeam has paused all sales in Russia.
Our employees’ safety and the continuation of our critical software solutions for our global customers remain our primary priorities. We have deployed resources to ensure any employee potentially impacted is protected and we have dramatically increased our operations and capacity to ensure no disruption to service during this unprecedented time.
As a US-headquartered global company which does business in more than 180 countries and has offices in more than 35 countries, we win by working alongside people of all different nationalities, ethnicities and religions. Our unity in our differences is what has made Veeam strong. As a company that prides itself on a culture of equality, teamwork, innovation and action, we cannot stand by while those values are taken away from the Ukrainian people. The need for freedom, stability and peace outweighs the need to sell software.
Veeam stands with all those who are impacted in Ukraine. We will continue to actively support our community, work closely with our government partners, and make future business decisions based on the evolving situation.